General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

adzski
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

DIY RELOCATE PARKERS TO HEADLIGHT

Post by adzski »

hey everyone.

ive been meaning to make this for a while now, and i had a day off so i thought id start it today.
so if you recently bought one of dwaynes bars and reed to relocate your parkers to headlights, or just want to do it for whatever reason, i have you covered.

i still need to go down and get exact sixes for everything i used but ill give you the jist of it.

ok the tools you will need are the following
if there's a * next to the item it means i will upload the exact size and brand shortly

.Drill
.Hole saw drill bit *
.Silicone *
.air compressor or something that blow a shitload of air out
.Soldering iron and solder
.pliers
.wire strippers
. electrical car wire
. electrical tape

Step By step Instructions

Step 1 Headlights and Foglights

.the first thing you need to do is Remove you headlights, from memory theirs two bolts one at the top and one at the side of the headlight, then just twist out the high beam and low beam globes..
.after you have removed the headlights you will need to remove the Fog lights, if you looking directly at the fog light you will see 2 screws, just unscrew the screws and pull the fog light assembly out of the bar and twist out the Parker,fog light,indicator.
.now grab your drill and and a small drill bit, on the back of the head light, i believe under the low beam? if you look at the head light front on, its the inside light you are drilling under.
.at the back of the head light under the low beam i think (under inside light) this is where you drill, but dont drill to close to the globes area just a good amount underneath it, but before the headlight starts to curve. (ill get pics later, so you better understand)

Foglight
we are going to remove from the fog-light the twist and lock Parker Holder.
grab your drill and drill around the twist and lock parker holder, dont drill to close to where the parker will twist and lock, as this part you are drilling out has to sit on the headlight and needs a bit of plastic to sit properly.
if you drilled it to large just get get something that can cut through plastic and make it abit smaller.

ok back to the headlight, get your drill and holesaw now you will need to use the holesaw to make a circle/round cut in the headlight so just drill the head light with the holesaw - drill where you drilled previously.

get your air compressor, preferably with a fitting the can go inside the headlight and blow all the dust and sh*t that when it the headlight while drilling.

now go to the actual parker on the car, and cut the power and ground wires to it, give your self some length on these wires so its easier to solder later.
no twist the parker into the twist and lock holder you drilled out of the fog light.
get your silicone and headlight and and the parker/holder.
now before you silicone it, find where it best fit and sits properly.
now silicone the bulb holder to the head light, i left the parker in so i could see how it would look. i recommend when first using the silicone only use a little bit, just enough to get it stick and stay where it needs to stay will take about 2 days to cure properly.
now remove the parker and use a shitload of silicone around the bulb holder, so its water tight and will stay put.

that is the hardest part of this the rest is a piece of cake

Parker wire extension

grab your Parkers and extended the power and ground wires, i marked the ground wire so i knew which one it is, from memory i extended about 30cm just to be safe.
if you have never dont this before its very easy, just strip the wires (power and ground) you have to do this on the parker wires and the new wire you will be putting on to it.
then just twist the wires together (power to power) (ground to ground)
then get your soldering iron and solder, heat the wires up until the solder melts onto the wires, theres heaps of videos on youtube on how to do it.

then connect it to the power and ground where you cut the parker out of before.

i would recommended before soldering anything, that you just twist the wires together first, and turn on the parkers so you know what there all connected properly.

then after you have soldered and tested that everything works, get your electrical tape and wrap it around the wires and areas where you soldered and any connection to avoid water getting in.

now just feed the wires upto where the headlight would sit, get your headlight, teist in the parker to the headlight and bolt the headlight back in.

now you are Done and dusted
dstocks
National Vice President

Re: DIY RELOCATE PARKERS TO HEADLIGHT

Post by dstocks »

Brilliant ;) And thanks for writing it up
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    silverGPX
    9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Its a good write up, but need pics lol.
    adzski
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by adzski »

Not a problem dwayne, thought i could help the club abit, countless times use have helped me.

Will get pics soon matt, just at home ATM everything is at the factory, will get them in cpl days