Somebody just crashed into my car

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

sublime19
Sooty!
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Somebody just crashed into my car

Post by sublime19 »

im driving home about an hour and 15 minutes ago, traffic is heavy and i'm just standing still waiting for it to move.. then i look in my rear view mirror and see a car coming up and not slowing down till too late.. i new it was going to hit and it did...

I got her details, she's with Insurance Hotline Pty Ltd.. i've never heard of them, but she told me she had to go with them because of her road rage court case.
so i got her licence no, address, phone number, car type etc, do i wait for her to get me a claim number?
i dont have comprehensive insurance, only ctp property, do i have to do everything myself or will Just Cars do it for me if i call and tell them?
my friend told me if i dont have comprehensive then i have to get quotes and all by myself then the lady's insurance will pay for all the expenses but i still have to run around and get quotes for things.

will i be able to get a new DC back bar as well..??

sorry for the questions but i've never been in a crash before so i realli dont have much idea..
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
bobz
Grease Monkey

Post by bobz »

Sorry about your accident.

You can either ask your insurance to help you out or visit a reputable repairer that does import work and let them deal with the other drivers insurance company. You dont need to run around, there is no need to get lots of quotes, just 1 and thats it, the other insurance company will send out an assesor to check out the car, not your issue if they dont like the repair price.

BobZ
[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/wizard561/FTOSig.jpg[/img]
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

then do a deal with the repairer....thats what I did...got heaps of cool stuff and the insurance comapny paid for it all...but my guy was good!
dstocks
National Vice President

No Another One

Post by dstocks »

Not another accident.... What is it with FTO's - do they attract idiots in other cars or something. I swear that the accident ratio shouldnt be as high as it has been lately.

I feel your pain mate. DC rear bar may be a little tricky to track down, but they should replace it for you. Get them to order an original from Japan for you!!!!!!
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    shue
    Oldtimer

Post by shue »

are your lights cracked? make them pay for clear ones for u :wink:
    <div><strong>My Car for Sale - Contact Me</strong></div><br>
    Bennoz
    National President

Post by Bennoz »

Sorry to hear mate :( Fortuantely it doesnt look too bad.

Dont ask me about insurance, not my strong point! :oops:
    kazbah
    National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Ouch! Damn that brings back memories :evil: Contact your insurance company with the details of the other car and driver and let them handle it..

Good Luck!
    Teh Ban Queen!
    bradlovell
    Grease Monkey

Post by bradlovell »

I don't think that you will have too much trouble getting your same rear bar. a lot of the time aftermarket ones are cheaper than the real thing. Just talk to your repairer anyway, im sure they wouldnt mind doing it for you. especially if it is cheaper to buy aftermarket, means they are making more cash! I have a mate that did that, crashed his S15, then told repairer if they put the aftermarket kit on for him they can keep the rest of insurance companies money, as the aftermarket was cheaper than orignal.
    JOeJOe
    Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

kazbah wrote:Ouch! Damn that brings back memories :evil: Contact your insurance company with the details of the other car and driver and let them handle it..

Good Luck!
    He only have third party with them. They won't provide you with much assistance when claiming.
    sublime19
    Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

now my neck is hurting when i woke up this morning, maybe i should go see my doctor.. especially when it's the top of my spine just under my neck and i feel a bit light headed :(

the repairer that fixed my parents car did a good fast job, especially when he had to get the parts from japan.
    mum knows him pretty well, i soke to him on the phone today, he doesnt deal with a lot of imports but he said he's worked on a few before and he knew what an fto was and i asked him if he'd be able to get me the DC bar and he said he's had no problems getting kits from japan.
    when i first got my car somebody reversed into it so my front bar is missing the plug from the right side and sticks out a bit from the side, also a few cracks in the paint, he said he'll fix that too and put it under the insurance (dunno how he's gonna do that)
    so should i still go to him or somebody more experienced with sports cars?

shue where can i order clear tail lights from lol that'd be interesting!
    Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
    Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
    kazbah
    National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

sublime19 wrote:now my neck is hurting when i woke up this morning, maybe i should go see my doctor.. especially when it's the top of my spine just under my neck and i feel a bit light headed :(
    Get to the doctor.... 3+ years after my rearender I'm still suffering with my neck!
    Teh Ban Queen!
    Bennoz
    National President

Post by Bennoz »

A panel beater is a panel beater mate. As long as you have faith in them, its just a car, its just a bent panel.

I dunno how this worked, but a mate of mine got hit from behind & had the sore neck & somehow he manged to get a half dozen free remedial massage sessions outta the RTA! :lol:
    JOeJOe
    Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

Whiplash, the other party's insurance company will have to pay for your medical expenses if you are injured.
    kazbah
    National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

JOeJOe wrote:Whiplash, the other party's insurance company will have to pay for your medical expenses if you are injured.
    Yeah and good luck with those fcukers!!! :evil: :evil:
    Teh Ban Queen!
    sublime19
    Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

hmm yea i probably should go to the doctors, somebody at work told me it might not be much now but can get much worst later :?
    shue
    Oldtimer

Post by shue »

sublime buy the altrezza's from will and charge the insurance company for them. tell them yours cracked in the crash :wink:
    <div><strong>My Car for Sale - Contact Me</strong></div><br>
    JOeJOe
    Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

Subbies, you car need a wash man :lol:
    sublime19
    Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

shue wrote:sublime buy the altrezza's from will and charge the insurance company for them. tell them yours cracked in the crash :wink:
    I was about to ask the same thing..!! cos altezza's for like 1.5k will be around the same (if not cheaper) then the original lights im guessing.
    but wont the lady's insurance company send an assesor to check out my car and he'll note what type of lights i've got, wouldnt that cause a problem?

J0eJ0e yea i no it needs a wash lol but its not as dirty as it looks, its just the flash from the camera that makes it look a lot dirtier than it is..! lol i just washed it 6 days ago but the rain always makes the car dirty =/
    kid_dynamite
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

Sublime what insurance do you have and with whom?

You mentioned "CTP insurance" and Just Car Insurance in your first post, but JCI do not offer CTP insurance.

What they do offer is "Third Party Property" cover (with optional F&T). Is that what you have?? If so, they may assist you in recovering costs from the person - I know of ppl who have received assistance even though they only have TPP and have been in an acco that wasn't their fault.

If not, then you need to make some moves.

Most likely the other person's insurance will send out an assessor to value damage and make you an offer. Generally that offer will be pretty average. So what you do in the meantime (i.e now) is go and get at least two written quotes for repairing your car yourself. This includes a cost for sourcing parts from oseas if you need to.

When their assessor comes out, inspects your car and offers a lower amount,' you can show them the quotes and say 'sorry I want at least this amount.'

Just remember the assessor is only a subcontracted person for their insurance, and it's not really worth arguing with them if the offer is too low. Take it on board, and just correspond (in writing) with the other insurer - they are the actual party that authorises payment in the end.

Important that you should also:
    - document everything (incl all your details with the insurer)
    - if a police report was made, get a copy of it
    - witness details

I've basically told you the full on story in case you run into difficulties with the insurer, but generally it should be okay.

Good luck!
    AJ
    Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

mate that sux. So sorry. Make sure you get yourself checked out at the docs, 'cos if it gets worse and you've not been, you'll have no chance of being able to claim later on. Good luck with everything!