It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
The future of FTOs? 
Oldtimer

Post The future of FTOs?
Hey guys,

With FTOs almost on the verge of being 25 years old and some older examples being able to use historic number plates what do people think this will mean for their value and public interest?

As far as a cheap track car is concerned they seem to represent excellent value and not many cars out there of this age look as good and drive as well for so little money.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:29 pm
Apprentice

Post Re: The future of FTOs?
In terms of value I don't think much will change, an example I can think of is the 300zx, the z31 and some z32 could be classified as vintage cars but you can still pick them up for a few grand.

I honestly don't think the fto will get any more recognition after the fact anyway. It's a shame cause they're amazing cars, just overlooked I guess :/

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:23 pm
Grease Monkey

They have hit a pretty big low, all the ones for sale have been up for ages and they're not even too exxy.

I don't think they will ever go up really, they just have no appeal outside people who really like the car, they don't have any widespread appeal.

Funny side note, some weird c**t bought some old headlights off me, went on a huge rant with me about how they were on the cusp of sky rocketing in value and that they would be considered THE japanese classic by 2020.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:17 pm
Totes

I can't ever see even the lowest mileage cars retaining anything near the value of similarly aged imports. Perhaps in North America once they can be legally brought over there we'll see some more aftermarket interest there? Who can tell.

As a theft deterrent, their unpopularity might be their biggest strength. :lol: nobody wants to risk their neck for something worth peanuts (though obviously some thieves are just opportunists). Unlike the almost daily disappearance of Nissans.