jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by mxysxy »

bought a set last week as well,
waiting for the cable to arrive
[img]http://www.smyrnaie.com/SeatCovers/FTO/ftobanner.jpg[/img]
Syst3m_NZ

Post by Syst3m_NZ »

Cable arriving on tuesday :twisted:
Bennoz wrote:It'll take me a while to trim down all the options to get exactly what one would need to know from an FTO. I'll then do up a gauge cluster with all the relevant streams & post up the template if anyone wants it.

You ever get around to doing this? Would be interested
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yeah, I was thinking about this the other day. Once my car gets back from the shop I'll give it a shot :)
lancerv6mx

Post by lancerv6mx »

I got my tactrix cable in the mail today! I hooked it up to the OBD port after grounding pin 1. I was able to connect to EvoScan and log data. The only problem I have is that I can't get an accurate speed reading in my logs. The ABS light only flashes at idle. Once the car is in motion the light stops flashing so I assume ABS is enabled.
The tactrix cable & EvoScan is a great way to get useful data from your car and I would highly recommend it!
BTW, my car is a lancer with a FTO 6A12mivec conversion.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

lancerv6mx wrote:I got my tactrix cable in the mail today! I hooked it up to the OBD port after grounding pin 1. I was able to connect to EvoScan and log data. The only problem I have is that I can't get an accurate speed reading in my logs. The ABS light only flashes at idle. Once the car is in motion the light stops flashing so I assume ABS is enabled.
The tactrix cable & EvoScan is a great way to get useful data from your car and I would highly recommend it!
BTW, my car is a lancer with a FTO 6A12mivec conversion.
if its plugged in ABS is not enabled.
Syst3m_NZ

Post by Syst3m_NZ »

Has anyone solved the speed reading problem?

Some people have said 2*(request ID: 6A) works for kph but i'm still getting random numbers.

Any help would be appreciated
lancerv6mx

Post by lancerv6mx »

Syst3m_NZ wrote:Has anyone solved the speed reading problem?

Some people have said 2*(request ID: 6A) works for kph but i'm still getting random numbers.

Any help would be appreciated
I would like this problem solved and also a timing map for this engine would be great 8)
Syst3m_NZ

Post by Syst3m_NZ »

Any progress anyone?

Cheers
lancerv6mx

Post by lancerv6mx »

Syst3m_NZ wrote:Any progress anyone?

Cheers
I got the speed situation solved using info from the UK FTO forum. You were right Syst3m, the address is 6A:

So, if you want to measure your speed with EvoScan, you need to put a line in DataSettings\Data.xml file:

<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Display="Vehicle speed" LogReference="VehicleSpeed" RequestID="6A" Eval="1.28*x" Unit="mph" MetricEval="1.28*x" MetricUnit="mph" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="160" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="160" Notes=""/
Syst3m_NZ

Post by Syst3m_NZ »

lancerv6mx wrote:
Syst3m_NZ wrote:Any progress anyone?

Cheers
I got the speed situation solved using info from the UK FTO forum. You were right Syst3m, the address is 6A:

So, if you want to measure your speed with EvoScan, you need to put a line in DataSettings\Data.xml file:

<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Display="Vehicle speed" LogReference="VehicleSpeed" RequestID="6A" Eval="1.28*x" Unit="mph" MetricEval="1.28*x" MetricUnit="mph" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="160" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="160" Notes=""/
Unfortunately that's the "solution" already available which doesn't seem to work for everybody. For those that it does work for to get kph you need to change MetricEval="1.28*x" MetricUnit="mph" to MetricEval="2*x" MetricUnit="kph"

Anyone found a different solution?

Cheers
bradicus
Apprentice

Re: Datalogging - from car to laptop

Post by bradicus »

So you cant just use any obd2 device you need to get a connector for MU II or III. anyone know of any new/cheap cables, only one i found was the evoscan one
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Evoscan is the only one that doesn't cost a fortune and still doesn't give you much info.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Gonna sound a lot like GenY here but you can get iPhone/Samsung etc apps for that and just get a USB scan cable off eBay. They work pretty good.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
bradicus
Apprentice

Post by bradicus »

I bought a wireless obd2 thing, but from what i Understand doesnt work with MU II/III so wont work, unless a future revision supports it.

I have a greddy emanage blue, that does pretty much the same stuff right?

I just dont have a usb cable for it, can i use a regular usb cable or do i need a special one?