LSD effect on torque steer

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

dazjb
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

LSD effect on torque steer

Post by dazjb »

Having a VR4 powered FTO I have a big issue with torque steer .. on hard throttle the car wants to pull you onto the other side of the road, even when your pointing in a straight line. I have a gearbox with LSD waiting to go on thinking it would help with the torque steer but have read that adding an LSD will make torque steer worse .. but will reduce wheelspin and help with understeer when cornering hard.

For you guys running turbo FTOs did fitting an LSD help with torque steer?

Cheers
Bennoz
National President

Re: LSD effect on torque steer

Post by Bennoz »

Nope. Lol.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
dazjb
Apprentice

Post by dazjb »

Ah balls .. thought it would help out with it. Don't know whether it's worth bothering with it then, I haven't bought it yet and would save myself £350. I don't track the car but do take it drag racing.
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

I've driven a 6a13tt with open diff and didn't really torque steer, it felt slow because it was just all wheel spin in 1st and 2nd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

dazjb wrote:Ah balls .. thought it would help out with it. Don't know whether it's worth bothering with it then, I haven't bought it yet and would save myself £350. I don't track the car but do take it drag racing.
You can iron it out a bit with suspension tweaks. Not too much neg camber & a touch of toe in can scrub off a bit of it.

I also found having a front lower chassis H brace helped too. Stopped the twist.
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Bennoz wrote:
dazjb wrote:Ah balls .. thought it would help out with it. Don't know whether it's worth bothering with it then, I haven't bought it yet and would save myself £350. I don't track the car but do take it drag racing.
You can iron it out a bit with suspension tweaks. Not too much neg camber & a touch of toe in can scrub off a bit of it.

I also found having a front lower chassis H brace helped too. Stopped the twist.
I definitely noticed an improvement with the H brace as well.

I don't see why you wouldn't opt for an LSD if you could, considering you've already gone to the expense of turboing it :lol:
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

bjk wrote:
Bennoz wrote:

I don't see why you wouldn't opt for an LSD if you could, considering you've already gone to the expense of turboing it :lol:
The difference you noticed was the car being slower because of all the extra weight and no turbo. :lol:
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Vectose wrote:
bjk wrote:
Bennoz wrote:

The difference you noticed was the car being slower because of all the extra weight and no turbo. :lol:
Also true lol.

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator