Tarting up the bonnet

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Rob Furniss
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Tarting up the bonnet

Post by Rob Furniss »

We're moving soon so I thought it was time to finally get on and finish the spare bonnet so I can fit it and throw away the old one.
Almost ready for painting (i'll be doing that).

Passenger side duct will be feeding an enclosed airbox (when I've made it) but not blowing directly on the filter, i'll also be having an option to easily cap it from the underside of the bonnet if I need to (torrential rain/snow/hail). I've got some mesh to go over them too.
Drivers side will be directing air onto the charge cooler and supercharger just for a little extra cooling, yeah engine bay may get dirty so i'll have to re-evaluate that but you can't win em all.
So hopefully a practical use but really I wanted it to look a bit more aggressive too.
bjk
Totes

Re: Tarting up the bonnet

Post by bjk »

Form and function! I'm thinking about some manner of vented bonnet to help get that turbo heat out lol. But don't want it to look too obnoxious.
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Lookin good!
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    getonit
    Grease Monkey

Post by getonit »

Rob Furniss wrote:We're moving soon so I thought it was time to finally get on and finish the spare bonnet so I can fit it and throw away the old one.
    Almost ready for painting (i'll be doing that).

Passenger side duct will be feeding an enclosed airbox (when I've made it) but not blowing directly on the filter, i'll also be having an option to easily cap it from the underside of the bonnet if I need to (torrential rain/snow/hail). I've got some mesh to go over them too.
    Drivers side will be directing air onto the charge cooler and supercharger just for a little extra cooling, yeah engine bay may get dirty so i'll have to re-evaluate that but you can't win em all.
    So hopefully a practical use but really I wanted it to look a bit more aggressive too.
    You could try raising the centre part of the bonnet at the rear a little higher and cutting that section of it shorter. That particular area around the windscreen/cowl experiences a reverse direction of airflow. Which is pretty much the theory of reverse bonnet scoops.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk
    Rob Furniss
    Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

Thanks mate, I've got the rear of the bonnet raised anyway but might have a look and make sure air can get out there and if not take your suggestion and make it so.
    Milqy

Post by Milqy »

whered u get the vent inserts from? looks good