My FPR setup - NOW SORTED

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Rob Furniss
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

My FPR setup - NOW SORTED

Post by Rob Furniss »

Here's a pic of my fuel pressure regulator setup, the fuel rail is being fed in parallel so that it's more consistent - and that side of it is fine, but it's the exit / return that i'm concerned about.
I used to like the look of this, but the more I look at it the more I hate it, looks too messy and looks like a disaster waiting to happen - if that supercharger belt goes I reckon those fuel hoses go to. (Not that I've lost a supercharger belt in a long time, only had one go a few years back and that was due to misalignment, and that didn't fully go just shredded the grooves a bit).

So i'm thinking of changing the routing and joining those fuel rail exit hoses near the cam covers and routing the hoses behind the supercharger bracket following the cam covers towards the alternator, then around the back to the left and then back to the fuel pressure regulator.

Am I worrying over nothing and wasting my time or does this look like a no brainer?

Still keeping the parallel feed into the fuel rail, that happens on the other side.
I'm going to join at the fuel rail exit so that I only need to run one hose to the FPR and i'll blank off the other inlet. I'm going to buy an Aeroflow FPR today anyway to replace this crappy one as this won't adjust below 46psi base pressure so I think this is what's causing over-fuelling, ecu keeps jumping into open loop.

Any issue having a slightly longer run to the FPR and any issue only using the one port on the FPR (which is after the fuel rail not before)?
Last edited by Rob Furniss on Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Re: My FPR setup

Post by Rob Furniss »

New setup
Vac hose is still in the way until I get a longer one but that's better than having fuel hose there.