EVO 8 conversion

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Kashikhan55
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

EVO 8 conversion

Post by Kashikhan55 »

HI, okay another noooob question but i have a bit of money to play around with so doing bit of research of heavily modifying my gpx to munch on evos and other car in evo leagues with my gpx.

but however i want do do an evo 8 conversion and conversion into awd as well from current fwd and being lighter naturally the fto will have better aerodynamics than an evo 8 itself giving it an advantage.

is it possible with evo 8 conversion in FTO shell to beat evo 8s and other sports cars in evo leagues?

so why an evo 8? because generally speaking evos are benchmark in sports cars and having to meet that bench mark is the first step.
and some i know will say why not spend the money and get evo itself.
reason being is simply put there are way too many evos on road and its nothing special or unique where as FTOs are really rare and the shape of it is just appealing and i get compliments as it is but heavily modifying i want to be able to brag about its performance as well rather than looks alone.

what are your thoughts on this?
bjk
Totes

Re: EVO 8 conversion

Post by bjk »

Question everyone always asks even though I can't help you otherwise.

"How deep are your pockets?" :lol:

But take Bennoz for example, still rockin' FWD and he can smoke speccy cars. You need to stomach to cost of things breaking and the annual gearbox rebuild though. He's converted to the Galant 6A13 twin turbo, btw.
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
Kashikhan55
Grease Monkey

Post by Kashikhan55 »

bjk wrote:Question everyone always asks even though I can't help you otherwise.

"How deep are your pockets?" :lol:

But take Bennoz for example, still rockin' FWD and he can smoke speccy cars. You need to stomach to cost of things breaking and the annual gearbox rebuild though. He's converted to the Galant 6A13 twin turbo, btw.
currently im looking at 8-10k to burn on modifying my FTO
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

:lol: You'll need a lot more than that.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
Kashikhan55
Grease Monkey

Post by Kashikhan55 »

Vectose wrote::lol: You'll need a lot more than that.
according to costs i calculated and according to research and talking to mechanic i was quoted 10k clean job
and even if the cost rises from 10 to max 12 i'll be considering it
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Sounds like you've already got a plan. What's the ETA on this do you think?
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
c3rbera
Mechanic

Post by c3rbera »

Sounds like you'd be skipping things like AYC, you know that right..?
Interesting plan you've got here though... :)
silverGPX wrote:Nice supra
Manual '95 GPX
Kashikhan55
Grease Monkey

Post by Kashikhan55 »

bjk wrote:Sounds like you've already got a plan. What's the ETA on this do you think?
2-3 weeks
project start in november hopefully

yea i looked into it and asked couple of mechanics got similar quotes for full job so yea
Kashikhan55
Grease Monkey

Post by Kashikhan55 »

c3rbera wrote:Sounds like you'd be skipping things like AYC, you know that right..?
Interesting plan you've got here though... :)
one mechanic did mention it but i dont think anything will be skipped during conversion that matters cause the quote was for full clean conversion job
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Kashikhan55 wrote:
bjk wrote:Sounds like you've already got a plan. What's the ETA on this do you think?
2-3 weeks
project start in november hopefully

yea i looked into it and asked couple of mechanics got similar quotes for full job so yea
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Try 2 years and $20k to get it up and running properly.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

2 years is a pretty long time you know. Reckon you could do it in much less. Perfecting it would obviously take a bit longer. Depends how many problems you encounter.