6g75 fto

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Corey95
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

6g75 fto

Post by Corey95 »

So I've been given a stupid but fun idea for an n/a engine conversion for my fto, after a bit of reading around apparently the 6g75(160ish atwhp and 330nm of torque) from a 380 is a tight but good fit, should be seeing 13s down the quarter. All legalities and engineering certificates thrown out the window. Currently motors are selling around for $1200-1500, what would be an estimate cost to actually complete this and how much would have to be changed or custom built? ImageImage
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Re: 6g75 fto

Post by Daniel2019 »

Give it $10k.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

These are very potent motors. People are transplanting them into Magnas and doing 13s, in an FTO these would be doing 11s.

There are a few Lancer coupes with these (not in Australia) and they are doing 10s or 9s.

With some mods (add ons basically + cams) these make 150kw+ at all four wheels in automatic AWD Magnas.

From what I understand they are very undertuned in the 380s at 175kw and have many emissions restrictions. I've been told a stock 6G75 in a Magna without the emissions controls etc do about 200kw
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

I'd give it $15k-$20k assuming that you'll need to fabricate engine mounting, mating the gearbox, replace the loom and ECU, maybe relocate battery and air intake and engineering to make it legal.

Hmmm....maybe power steering and aircon lines too.
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
vanadinite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by vanadinite »

Does anyone know or have any idea if the F5M51 magna bell housing would be compatible with the F5M42 FTO Box?
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

vanadinite wrote:Does anyone know or have any idea if the F5M51 magna bell housing would be compatible with the F5M42 FTO Box?
Maybe see what box Jeffrey Hackett is using in his Mirage. (if it's still in the Mirage lol)
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

There are a few Mirages in Puerto Rico with these so check out what transmission they used
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

spetz wrote:There are a few Mirages in Puerto Rico with these so check out what transmission they used
I had a look earlier, seemed the 6G gearboxes are all good. One used an Eclipse 5 speed, though one of the 6 speeds also fits. Dunno about how it goes mounting it and whatnot though.

I think you were commenting on that one actually haha
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
vanadinite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by vanadinite »

bjk wrote:
vanadinite wrote:Does anyone know or have any idea if the F5M51 magna bell housing would be compatible with the F5M42 FTO Box?
Maybe see what box Jeffrey Hackett is using in his Mirage. (if it's still in the Mirage lol)
Jeff is using a magna 5 speed, custom mounts with magna front end suspension retrofitted to mirage front, also using custom extended mirage front LCA's. This may be the way to go but i was reading on another forum that the the F5M gearboxes may be able to swap bell housings. If true this would save a lot a hassles, or possibly create some.
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Interesting. Probably vastly too much stuffing around for most people. Would be more tempting if we got the MIVEC motors in Aus. Shame it's not as drop in as the 6A13 lol