Hi All I'm new!!! Please help lulz

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Daniel2019
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Hi All I'm new!!! Please help lulz

Post by Daniel2019 »

Vectose wrote:You won't be able to make 250HP on an NA engine.
Not with that attitude.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

Hey Dwayne, still not convinced the transmission losses are as high as 33%
Your ATW figures are good though :)
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Case in point. Before and after figures on a fresh rebuilt GR engine (92KW ATA stock to 117KW ATW with Haltech). Dras spent quite a bit on the rebuild, and from all accounts was a good job. So 30+% is looking quite possible from this. Add about 8KW for a stock GPX and thatwould put it smackon 100.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Daniel2019
    Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Dras did a Mivec swap.
    I fix cars.
    Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
    bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

I guess that makes it even more compelling then
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      Vectose
      Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Or it could just be Mitsubishi lied about their 150kw at the flywheel figures. And it was probably on a 100RON tune in ideal circumstances.
      Bennoz wrote:
      Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
      A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
      dstocks
      National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Vectose wrote:Or it could just be Mitsubishi lied about their 150kw at the flywheel figures. And it was probably on a 100RON tune in ideal circumstances.
      Maybe, but then that could be said of all manufacturers
        Shhtuart
        Forum Moderator

Post by Shhtuart »

Or we could accept that these cars are coming up on 20 years old and all the killer wasps died a decade ago.
        dstocks
        National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

My mileage is still quite low (100K Genuine), so most of mine will still be intact
          bjk
          Totes

Post by bjk »

I think, at the end of the day, it's a bit like Valandis said. If you're happy with how the car is performing, you don't need to worry about the numbers. The FTO will never be a cheap powerhouse, so short of turbo/super-charging it, the best option is to do all the things you can to squeeze the power out as aforementioned, and then focus on bringing the handling to its full potential.

IMO, I think anyone who doesn't have one should definitely invest in a rear strut brace, and an uprated rear sway bar (though they are getting hard to come by).
          POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
          Image Image Image Image
          Invader_X
          Apprentice

Post by Invader_X »

bjk wrote:
          IMO, I think anyone who doesn't have one should definitely invest in a rear strut brace, and an uprated rear sway bar (though they are getting hard to come by).
          Yes I was thanks of getting a fatt/thiccker rear sway bar, is 23mm too thick?

I just don;t want to be spinning out everywhere
          Rob Furniss
          Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

Dwayne It's the driveline losses of 33% to get to the ATF figure that I don't agree with, something would have to be very wrong to be incurring those kind of losses in my opinion.
          200hp fly - 33% = 134hp at the wheels - that would be quite low.
          After only a few mild mods on the old car I was getting around 160hp at the wheels which if we base trans losses around 20% for an auto would be around 200hp at the fly - probably gained back a couple of ponies that I had lost.
          I could be wrong of course.

I think your power figure ATW is really good and probably one of the best.
          You can only really go off ATW figures anyway as that's what is measured by the Dyno, ATF is calculated and then Dyno operators add in factors like temperature and atmos pressure, tyre pressures etc. I found the drag strip to be a good way of testing mod improvements particularly on the auto since they are more predictable/consistent, I was hitting consistent 15.5's and couldn't get any lower before supercharging it (the old red car - Tip).
          bjk
          Totes

Post by bjk »

Invader_X wrote:
          bjk wrote:
          Yes I was thanks of getting a fatt/thiccker rear sway bar, is 23mm too thick?

I just don;t want to be spinning out everywhere
          I think it'd be fine. Whiteline made a 22mm adjustable one (three stiffness settings) but I think unfortunately it's been discontinued. Not sure what else is on the market.