E-manage Blue settings?

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

spetz
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

E-manage Blue settings?

Post by spetz »

Hi guys,

I had an e-manage blue fitted to my car but it was stolen.

I want to start the engine and hence need to connect an e-manage. Luckily a friend has a spare one I can borrow.

Does anyone know what settings need to be adjusted on the actual e-manage?

My friend's e-manage has a tune on it, so I know I will need to wipe that, but I just need the switch/rotary settings to get the motor running
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Re: E-manage Blue settings?

Post by Rob Furniss »

Take the front cover off and change the 3 left dials that you can only access with the cover off to the following:
6 4 0

There are some jumper settings too but I think you normally leave them alone - depends if your friends are jumpered to anything different though, I have a stubborn screw in the bottom of the emanage that holds the board in (rounded off head) so couldn't remove the board to check what my jumpers are at.
Here's some jumper info I got from somewhere ages ago:
Jumper settings inside the E-manage:

JP1 Ignition input pullup/pulldown select
1-2 A resistor is pulled down to ground
2-3 A resistor is pulled up the +ve rail
* Use 1-2 when the ECU's driver transistor is connected to ground
* Use 2-3 when the ECU's driver transistor is connected to +ve (5V or 12V will determine JP2's setting)
Supposedly you can see the input voltage in the Main Unit Setting Information window. If it's 0v, use 1-2. If it's 5v or more, use 2-3.

JP2 Ignition output select
1-2 Output resistor connected to +5V
2-3 Output resistor connected to +12V
* This will depend on the ECU ignitor signals output
* JP2 enables the e-manage to duplicate the amplitude of the original signal

JP3 airflow/VTEC YO!!!!! output select
1-2 2nd airflow meter
2-3 VTEC YO!!!!!
* Even if you don't have a 2nd airflow meter, leave it on 1-2 for non-VTEC YO!!!!! applications

JP4 airflow/VTEC YO!!!!! input select
1-2 VTEC YO!!!!!
2-3 2nd airflow meter
* Even if you don't have a 2nd airflow meter, leave it on 2-3 for non-VTEC YO!!!!! applications
* On 1-2, enables pulldown resistor (for use as VTM signal). This is required because the VTM output is inverted with the VTEC YO!!!!! out.

JP5/JP6 Sub injector drivers
Jumper off - Disabled
1-2 - Enabled
* Only enable if you're going to control extra injectors with the E-manage

JP7 VTEC YO!!!!!
1-2 Non-VTEC YO!!!!!
Jumper off - VTEC YO!!!!!
* On 1-2, enables pullup resistor (for use as MAF output)
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

BTW - that's for the Mivec, for the GR/GX you would need 6 8 4 from what my notes say.
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

Thanks Rob, I appreciate all the info.
It is indeed for a MIVEC yes.

How would I get it to zero state so the old tune is negated? I assume I need to connect it to a computer with the software installed?

If/when I end up buying my own e-manage it will be an Ultimate. Is there any additional harness that I need since the Blue is all installed?
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

spetz wrote:How would I get it to zero state so the old tune is negated? I assume I need to connect it to a computer with the software installed?
Correct. You will need the Emanage Blue specific support tool program in order to change the values
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

Do you know if there is a toggle between using the map and not, or is it just a case of having to manually put everything to zero?
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

I'm not sure on what the setup for the Emange Blue is, but I know with the Emanage Ultimate you can just start a new map file, and enter any required fields and then upload it, and since there are no values set it will run off the factory ECU because the piggyback won't be sending any signals
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

Do you have an ultimate?
Any idea if there is a difference in wiring?