Budget OEM brake upgrade

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bennoz
National President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Budget OEM brake upgrade

Post by Bennoz »

Was just reading about this on FTO UK & also Aussie versions of the conversion on Aussie Magna Club.

Apparently there is a 294mm rotor & with a slightly different mounting bracket that bolts onto the FTO hubs with no modification, and can use the standard GPX calipers.

I'm reading that the 294mm setup comes off AWD Magnas, Ralliart Magnas, series 1 Legnum, Pajero & potentially the Evo 4s.

Who wants to be a guinea pig??

Some threads:
http://www.aussiemagna.com/forums/showt ... 891&page=1
http://www.aussiemagna.com/forums/showt ... hp?t=94458

Couple of pics

bjk
Totes

Re: Budget OEM brake upgrade

Post by bjk »

So the central part of the caliper is same as ours, but the outer part as per the first pics is different? Along with the larger disc?
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

I know about this guy called Bennoz, he is up for anything....should be a good guinea pig for the project. :P
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

shadowarrior wrote:I know about this guy called Bennoz, he is up for anything....should be a good guinea pig for the project. :P
He's already got his BBK!