Fox Coilovers

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Spike28278
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Fox Coilovers

Post by Spike28278 »

So about 4 months ago i decided to try those fox coilovers just to rest them out, i think theyre like $400.

So far they've surprisingly been great! Okay they're nothing fancy and obviously there is better out there but if youre looking for a cheap alternative they get the job done.

My only complaints would be you cant lower the rear as much as I'd like without a slight modification to the coilover.

Just thought id let everyone know :)
Willingsworth

Re: Fox Coilovers

Post by Willingsworth »

How do they do with performance in handling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Still wouldn't touch 'em. :lol:
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

bjk wrote:Still wouldn't touch 'em. :lol:
This^
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
Spike28278
Grease Monkey

Post by Spike28278 »

Im not gonna say theyre the best, but they're pretty good for what youre paying.

Obviously if you want something you can be confident in go with a more popular brand. The car feel a lot nicer that it does with stock suspension thats for sure
mezje
Mechanic

Post by mezje »

You are delusional, I bought these and flipped them off instantly, they are literally pieces of sh*t and dangerous, the plastic on them is beyond ridiculous, you should not have plastic between metal parts.

The amount you can lower your car with them is barely below stock height too.

Could not recommend removing them and selling them on to some other poor bastard enough, they are a hazard.
Spike28278
Grease Monkey

Post by Spike28278 »

Im not sure we bought the same ones, I was able to lower mine down to the legal limit and then some... you sure you installed them properly?

Also Mine didn't come with any plastic peices anywhere. Besides, as I said you get what you pay for, I never said they were amazing I said they were alright for the price.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
getonit
Grease Monkey

Post by getonit »

You will find their is 2 types of FOX suspension components. Or were for that matter. The $400 so called FOX coilovers direct from Malaysia via Feebay i am pretty sure sellers were forced to now leave unbranded. The other Original FOX suspensions which have always been pretty popular overseas in 4WD and motorbikes are very decent and a lot more expensive.
If you are willing to risk your own life and possibly others around you on cheap dodgy suspension components then its on you bud.
The fact you cannot buy 2 decent shock absorbers for that price says it all.
mezje
Mechanic

Post by mezje »

getonit wrote:You will find their is 2 types of FOX suspension components. Or were for that matter. The $400 so called FOX coilovers direct from Malaysia via Feebay i am pretty sure sellers were forced to now leave unbranded. The other Original FOX suspensions which have always been pretty popular overseas in 4WD and motorbikes are very decent and a lot more expensive.
If you are willing to risk your own life and possibly others around you on cheap dodgy suspension components then its on you bud.
The fact you cannot buy 2 decent shock absorbers for that price says it all.
I am almost certain the FOX brand you speak of (the one we all know) do not make coilovers for the FTO and never have.
Spike28278 wrote:Im not sure we bought the same ones, I was able to lower mine down to the legal limit and then some... you sure you installed them properly?

Also Mine didn't come with any plastic peices anywhere. Besides, as I said you get what you pay for, I never said they were amazing I said they were alright for the price.

The tops are plastic.
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

These have sidds name written all over them
getonit
Grease Monkey

Post by getonit »

That is correct, FOX never made them. Certain ebay sellers were selling crap looking fakes with FOX branding.
Spike28278
Grease Monkey

Post by Spike28278 »

Whatever the case is, I knew that it was a risk running them and I'm not saying otherwise? This post was about what they were like, again, im not saying they're amazing, Im just saying I found them to be okay for the money

Ive used plenty of other coilovers before which were much better (used in different cars) I didnt want to start an argument over something so silly.

Of course I wouldn't suggest using these as a cheaper option, but I've used them on a daily driver now for abit over a year clocking 600+km per week and they still function, not worn out, no leaks etc.

Sorry if my post upset anyone.

mezje
Mechanic

Post by mezje »

Spike28278 wrote:Whatever the case is, I knew that it was a risk running them and I'm not saying otherwise? This post was about what they were like, again, im not saying they're amazing, Im just saying I found them to be okay for the money

Ive used plenty of other coilovers before which were much better (used in different cars) I didnt want to start an argument over something so silly.

Of course I wouldn't suggest using these as a cheaper option, but I've used them on a daily driver now for abit over a year clocking 600+km per week and they still function, not worn out, no leaks etc.

Sorry if my post upset anyone.

Yeah I understand that but you said that no parts were plastic when they are.
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

who gives a f**k lol
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Sahin wrote:who gives a f**k lol
I'm with the hulk