Touch Screen

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Kustom
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Kustom »

Robbie wrote:Should ask them if they can install some more ram. It's always handy to have more than 'recommended'...
Bennoz wrote:I saw that, I reckon they'd be standard ram sticks. Will try pull it apart when I get it :)
2Gig ram for a lite version of XP is more then enough. Reconmended ram for xp is only 1gig anyway I think.

And, im guessing it would be running 32 bit. Which you would want for your programs im guessing wouldn't run to well on 64 bit.

32bit XP only reconizes and uses 3gig of ram, no more and considering you can't get 3gig ram sticks and im sure that thing would only have 1 ram slot, you would need to get a 4gig stick and .. its just not worth it :S

But hey just my opinion :P

Goodluck and let us know how it goes.. i'll be doing the same in a month or 2 hopefully :)
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yeah but if I chuck 4 gig in, I can allocate 1 Gig as RAMdisk & copy my page file over to it - giving the page file access the speed of ram as opposed to that of disk ;)
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

How much was it all up with postage and exchange rate?
LED ALL the things.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Was 428.37 Euro, plus 52.70 Euro freight, which worked out at about $785 Aus including conversion fee.

Fortunately it falls under the $1000 mark, so it wont incur customs duty & GST :)
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Bennoz wrote:Yeah but if I chuck 4 gig in, I can allocate 1 Gig as RAMdisk & copy my page file over to it - giving the page file access the speed of ram as opposed to that of disk ;)
Smart, but .. if It was me, I wouldnt bother man, 2gig will be fine for the things you'll be doing imo, you'll hardly notice the difference. but meh.

Under 1k, nice setup though :) cant wait to see pics :P
Robbie
Mechanic

Post by Robbie »

What if he wants to do multiple tasks at once though? The more ram, the more you can do at normal speeds.
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Robbie wrote:What if he wants to do multiple tasks at once though? The more ram, the more you can do at normal speeds.
Mutlitasking is fine with 2gig ram, but meh, whatever lol :P
Last edited by Kustom on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Does the Haltech have a direct USB connection input?

I know with my Microtech ECU I need a serial > USB connector to hook it up to my lappy..

You may need to re-wire an external power button for your EeePC and Possibly hook it into the Head Unit to power on when you turn on the car.
Or .. depending on the Power consumption when it's in hibernation, you might be able to leave it on constantly & re-awaken when you touch the touch screen etc.. might just be trial & error to see if it drains the battery.. I know nothing about installing 2 batteries to have a second smaller one for the PC though :|