Factory tweeter crossovers

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Supplanter
Forum Moderator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Factory tweeter crossovers

Post by Supplanter »

I have some tweeters to replace the stock ones, does the factory wiring have crossovers built in, or should I use the ones that came with the new speakers?
LED ALL the things.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Re: Factory tweeter crossovers

Post by I8A4RE »

Supplanter wrote:I have some tweeters to replace the stock ones, does the factory wiring have crossovers built in, or should I use the ones that came with the new speakers?
Personally Id definitly be using the new ones
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
ftokiwi
Apprentice

Post by ftokiwi »

I8A4RE wrote:
Personally Id definitly be using the new ones
+1
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

Supplanter wrote:I have some tweeters to replace the stock ones, does the factory wiring have crossovers built in, or should I use the ones that came with the new speakers?
Having never owned an FTO that came with the standard stereo in it, I can only base my advice on what I have read in other threads.

I'm of the understanding that the stock system does not actually utilise crossovers to feed the tweeters, instead they are bridged off a set of low efficiency capacitors mounted on the door woofer themselves, much like some cheaper sets of splits we sell at work. Therefore, using the aftermarket crossovers you posses would be the only way to go.
msbchi
Grease Monkey

Post by msbchi »

you won't find any crossovers anywhere in an fto unless they have been put in by an owner and even if you do the wiring is crap.do what I did and completely re-wire the stereo. It's not difficult but if you need a hand I'm just around the corner