Subwoofer - destorys welding???

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

peterm3150
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Subwoofer - destorys welding???

Post by peterm3150 »

Hey there,

I've read a few articles and posts on various forums with people saying that having a subwoofer can pull apart some of the welding in the boot??

If I have rear 6x9s is there anything else I can do to let the air escape from the boot, or if you want a sub do you have to have no rear speakers (and if you do take out the rear speakers, is the welding all safe?).

Thanks.
Pete
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

dude your cars safe trust me u can have your 6x9 and 2 subs in your boot if u like won't pull any welds only way that would happen is sh*t welds in a air tight space and a lot of subs or big sub moving a lot of air but I think the sub would break befor your welds did lol I've herd of subs shaking lose nuts but that's bout it but nothing u would deal with in a normal set up there like full comp cars and your rear deak has holes leading from inside to the boot I looked the other day when I replaced my speakers
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I've seen it break welds. More than likey break the sikaflex between the boot skins first.
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

I have seen subs pull apart an FTO boot before... mind you that was 3 12" subs in the 1 boot 8O
LED ALL the things.
nathan
Grease Monkey

Post by nathan »

ive got a 15" sub with 5000ish watts running through it

my welds are fine

rattled a LOT of things loose and now heapsa sh*t squeaks but im running quite abit through it

lol the welds will be fine, dont stress
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

I've seen pro cars shatter their front windows. You should be fine with 6x9's and a sub or two.
nathan
Grease Monkey

Post by nathan »

lol talking about that, my friend blew out his front windscreen in his van last week lol ... mind you 6 x 18" subs will do that :twisted:
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

nathan wrote:lol talking about that, my friend blew out his front windscreen in his van last week lol ... mind you 6 x 18" subs will do that :twisted:
Yeap, that'll do it :?
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

why the hell would you need 6 subs?! :facepalm:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Its like 10000hp in a mini.

"He who has the most wins"

My old man has the same theory applied to his gun collection :lol:
nathan
Grease Monkey

Post by nathan »

... not jus 6 sub ... 6 18 inch subs lol

thats most probably bigger than your rims lol
its a sponsor job thou lol RE Audio
insane gear, but you wallet would hate it lol
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

I just the blew the welds on my pants cause of my 18inch too. But I only have one of them ;)
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...