issue with my Alpine MRP-F300

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Valandis91
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

issue with my Alpine MRP-F300

Post by Valandis91 »

2 months ago on my work to work in the morning i was listening to my stereo and as i went around a sharp corner my front speakers crackled then died. as of then i have not been able to find the issue. they are alpine type r's... i also run a MDX alpine monoblock amp for my Type R sub which is still working fine. although my MRP for my fronts is not...

now i have changed the RCA cable, changed the grounding, checked the fuses ( one doesnt go all the way in though hmmm), and no warning lights come on the amp or nothing. i have taken all the wires off and reconnected but still nothing. the amp just lights up like normal...

Does anyone have any idea cos its driving me mental with no music. listening to my car does sound pretty good but a bit of music would be nice *sigh* :(
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

have u pulled the sterio out and checked no positive and negitive touched and shorted your speakers are your rear speakers working fine mayb pull one of the fronts out and test with another speaker see if its the speaker or the head unit and test the front on the rears to see if its working to
crackles normaly mean shorts so if no speakers are working check the fuse at the back of the cd player the rca might be septrate from the fuse and might not be affected

just a few random guess's hope you sort it out
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

wait so you runnig them off a amp or stock kinda confuseing , my gess is check speakers first if the amp lights are on means theres no foult with the amp so it has some thing to do with the sound from the head unit or the speaker you could always pull your mates car up behind yours and run some wires from his head unit to your amp to see if its your head unit ( saves pulling units out of cars lol ) focus on your speakers and unit skip the amp out just run stock see if it all works
Valandis91
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Valandis91 »

check all the wiring to the speakers and amps its all fine and not shorting anywhere.

fuse on the back of headunit is fine as well

the sub still works fine that runs off a different amp so its not the headunit.
i dont have any rear speakers connected. ill try through them. it must be something internal with the amp...
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

also try plugging the sub rca cable into your other amp to see if its the rcas ( not the wires but from the head unit ) have you tryed cutting the amps out and just run stock

if all else fails is the volume up on the amp lol