2 12" RF Sub 2 RF amps inc 900wRF monoblock custom Rockford

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

brent88
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

2 12" RF Sub 2 RF amps inc 900wRF monoblock custom Rockford

Post by brent88 »

My sound system

i actually have a spare fto for parts that i have on ebay, (silver wreck) and sell parts off the car cheaper than wreckers(a lot of parts the same as the gpx) find me on ebay or email me at supra_owns@hotmail.com and well nut out some prices (i dont think my fto is a supra and wouldnt want it to be i made this account liek 8 years ago or somthing)

sound system consists of:

SUBWOOFERS: 2 Rockford Fosgate 12” Punch HE2 subwoofers.

AMP1: Rockford Fosgate 900w Mono Block for the Subs.

AMP2: Rockford Fosgate 600w 2ch for front speakers. (Hertz 260w energy series splits)

SUB BOX: Custom made out of 16mm MDF and covered in dark grey carpet for this FTO housing the subs . amps are bolted to sub box and sub box is mounted to the strut towers.

OTHER: 1 farad capacitor, distribution block, 4 gauge wiring, 2 red neons wired to the boot switch.
Sounds awesome

HU: kenwood something cant remember, got 64 colour illumination usb, ipod, bluetooth and most importantly 4v line out pre outs $500

FRONT SPEAKERS: 260w hertz energy series splits 6.5" $250

REAR Speakers: atm their 250w 6*9's but am gonna put the new ones in the rear plastic behind the doors and custom make speaker pods/boxes for 6.5" hertz dici series (didnt need good ones because i like front staging)

thanks for straining your eyes for me
Brenton
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Re: 2 12" RF Sub 2 RF amps inc 900wRF monoblock custom Rockf

Post by mr-charisma »

looks good on paper, bet she could blow the balls off a charging rhino at fifty paces..

any pics?
brent88
Mechanic

Post by brent88 »

yea on facebook coz i dont know how to add them here

just go to this link http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 0315300372

quite a few rattles i still am fixxing lol
brent88
Mechanic

Post by brent88 »

brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

Impressive
brent88
Mechanic

Post by brent88 »

thanx
EscapingFate
Mechanic

Post by EscapingFate »

that just makes mine look basic as haha

I got almost the same system as u lol only not as good haha

Rockford punch 6.5 splits in front
rockford powers 6x9 in back
rockford punch 12 inch sub
Rockford monoblock amp
Audio response 4 chan amp...

thats my system lol nothin special but it gets the job done and i believe is making me slightly deaf... lol
brent88
Mechanic

Post by brent88 »

yeah spent some of today fixing the stuff my subs broke.
put more lucky bands on around the rear veiw mirror( glued it with araldite and super glue but it wont hold, the light covers vibrate.
used a tube of liquid nails, some silicone and some rubber under the boot bracing
knocked out the insert that the bolts hold the rear spoiler in with just enough for the bolt to rattle on the spoiler so have superglued it.... hope it works.
siliconed the rear part of the roof lining
put some thin strips of mounting double sided tape on the underside of the rear top brake light cover and replaced the plastic screw that holds it in.
removed the black plastic from behind the rear seat so the bass flows in the cabin a bit more and takes some pressure out of the boot(just looks a little worse behind the sub, u can see the foam from the back of the seat
the drivers side parcel shelf mount had broken and slipped out from under the screw so i put a washer on there and did it up tight.
i use the ashtray as a coin holder but they rattle heaps!!!! i got this bit of hard foam that jams in there and stops the coins from rattling.

still have rattles i think but dont want to turn subs on whilst all the glue, silicone and liquid nails are all drying, fun fun
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

hehe.. you won't get rid of every single rattle.. trust me .. i know ;)

brent88
Mechanic

Post by brent88 »

as long as i get rid of most of them so i cant hear them over the music and it dosent sound shite outside the car lol. is that last pic of under the dash? i would dynamat but i it will add weight to my car and cost me money.

maybe i could just buy a little bit. in the parts fto i had they had dynamat between the bracing in the boot lid....... would that help much?
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

That mustve set you back so much mr-c and cost so much lol.
Taz wrote:When funds allow
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

mm.. the weight isn't that much .. even through the whole car is equivalent to 3 bulk packs @ 9kg each ..

if you're serious about the weight loss, get rid of the 18" chromies & run some lightweight 15-16" rims .. remove the cd player, climate control, front & rear speakers, amp, ditch the seats & get a lighter driver seat & don't carry passengers they're extra weight! .. carbon bonnet, bootlid, FG front bar, rear bar, quarter panels .. get rid of all the interior, spare wheel, parcel shelves, replace front/rear windshields with lightweight perspex, lightened flywheel / pulleys, sump .. only run with 1/4 tank of fuel at any time should I go on??

TBH IMHO if you haven't done any of that cause you can't do without all of the creature comforts or it's too much of dent in the wallet, I'm sure an extra 30kgs of sound deadening isn't going to make much of a difference to your 1/4 mile times :lol: but.... it makes a helluva big difference to ride comfort & road noise that you wouldn't believe :)
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

or, not to mention .. chuck a great big leafblower on the side of your engine..
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Bahah yeah was just saying :lol: how much did it set you back mate?
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

mr-charisma wrote:mm.. the weight isn't that much .. even through the whole car is equivalent to 3 bulk packs @ 9kg each ..

if you're serious about the weight loss, get rid of the 18" chromies & run some lightweight 15-16" rims .. remove the cd player, climate control, front & rear speakers, amp, ditch the seats & get a lighter driver seat & don't carry passengers they're extra weight! .. carbon bonnet, bootlid, FG front bar, rear bar, quarter panels .. get rid of all the interior, spare wheel, parcel shelves, replace front/rear windshields with lightweight perspex, lightened flywheel / pulleys, sump .. only run with 1/4 tank of fuel at any time should I go on??

TBH IMHO if you haven't done any of that cause you can't do without all of the creature comforts or it's too much of dent in the wallet, I'm sure an extra 30kgs of sound deadening isn't going to make much of a difference to your 1/4 mile times :lol: but.... it makes a helluva big difference to ride comfort & road noise that you wouldn't believe :)
:lol: I have done 1/2 of what is on that list :lol:
brent88
Mechanic

Post by brent88 »

id run between a quarter and half unless i had a surge tank if i was on a track. i havnt got chromies i have enkei 17's so i think there pretty light, dont carry passangers if i want performance, not a big fan of c/f and its dear as+ i want an all rounder.

driving the car today and the sound system sounded awesome, i think it was mainly because of that peice of black plastic i removed behind the backseat and all the fixing of little rattles.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

aza013 wrote:
mr-charisma wrote:mm.. the weight isn't that much .. even through the whole car is equivalent to 3 bulk packs @ 9kg each ..

:lol: I have done 1/2 of what is on that list :lol:
if you'd done the other half i'd think you're a total nutter :lol:
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

:lol:
brent88
Mechanic

Post by brent88 »