My 8 ohms Car Sound System Build

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

alekazam
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

My 8 ohms Car Sound System Build

Post by alekazam »

With the affordability of big amps now day's I figured there's no reason not to use 8 ohm speakers. It just seemed the next logical step for me. So I got myself three big amps.. a 1000w mono block (which I'm running into two 15's linked in series to make 8 ohms - which means I'm running 250watts rms 8 ohms into each sub); for the front I've got a 4 x 100w (bridged into 2 x 250w which makes 2 x 125w at 8 ohms); and in the back 2 x 150w (I haven't got 8 ohm speakers for the back yet... will have to wait to missus goes away on work again so she can't stop me from going to jcar!); and finally I've got two 3" titanium dome 8 ohm tweeters which I squeezed into the dash board.
I LOVE the sound, the base is really punchy and tight and the mids and highs are crisp and vibrant. It's a pleasure to listen too.
the size difference is big compared to car speakers considering they are both 6"
I fully sound proofed the inner and outer door skin and sealed all the holes to make it as air tight as I could.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Re: My 8 ohms Car Sound System Build

Post by mr-charisma »

nice mate! .. will have to check them out tomorrow, see what they sound like :)
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

8 ohms. :)

Nice to see someone focused more on sound quality then power and volume. I'd be very interested to hear this set up as well.
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Clean install dude. Good work
Taz wrote:When funds allow
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

yeah mate, for sure.. i've heard some good stuff about the JayCar sound equipment .. obviously it gets a bit of a bad rap from some people because it's not "Brand Name" .. but then again, this is usually coming from people who don't seem to know their ass from their face most of the time
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Tidy! :)