Is this an okay set up for the cost?:

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

bduffman
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Is this an okay set up for the cost?:

Post by bduffman »

i gave up reading this sh*t im sure fto84 did to
FTO84
Grease Monkey

Post by FTO84 »

8O

Im at work, so can't work thru this effectively and absorb it, will read it tonight.

Don't fight mom and dad.....

Pete, will shoot you a pm l8er on. Won't really have time to chat until weekend... $300-400 is what im thinkin..
brent88
Mechanic

Post by brent88 »

lol
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

silverGPX wrote:yeah the DM+ is turned off, there is also DSO, and it has 3 levels should this be turned off. Whats it for?

And about the low pass filter i meant the low frequency cut off on the headunit, for the rear speakers i set it to 80hz sometimes even 100hz with techno. The fronts dont have the cut off on as i loose to much low frequencies and it doesnt sound too good, just really tinny. Argh! it just keeps on distorting, and i only get it to sound good sometimes, ha i need some help man.

But just cos there the most expensive at wow does that mean there the best? I want the 6x9's to handle the low end frequencies or is this just not possible. Should i just get the polk rears and set all the cutoffs on front and rears at 80hz and just save for the sub, or get some 6x9's that can handle a bit of punishment.

For $1000 it sounds like arse.
Polk audio of the class you have is by no means the most expensive gear at WOW. I believe, however, they are the best value sound quality oriented speakers we stock. A quality set of 6x9s will give you a nice little kick. Like I said, I'll come have a look at how you've set it up. Sound proofing the doors will also allow the woofers to punch a bit more mid-bass your way, as well.
i know its bad to underpower speakers but nearly all hu's produce 50w*4 so as for the fronts that would be utalizing all the headunits power (would be better to actual;ly hear them both though)
50W peak... Realistically, under 20W RMS.
bduffman wrote: i gave up reading this sh*t im sure fto84 did to
You can read?
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

funny kid
hate to tell you best way to get so call punch is enclosed speakers rather then open
and the fto doors are sh*t when it comes to speaker placement
aus have nothing when it comes to car audio theres a lot better stuff in usa
theres very few good car audio shops around
honestly u could have the best speakers ever but if there aimed at your leg it will mean you wasted your money
hugekim
Grease Monkey

Post by hugekim »

Regarding the quality of CD's over mp3's.... If I burn like 80 songs onto a CD in mp3 format is that considered the same thing? And therefore sh*t quality?

Do I have to burn mp3's in the normal "CD format" (of 80 minutes per disc etc)... therefore around 16 songs per disc to achieve the better quality of sound?

Sorry if this is a worded sh*t, can't really explain it better then that haha. I'm just using an AUX cable for my iPhone and the quality is noticeably lower than when I used to use CDs (these are Alpine type S splits though on my pioneer head unit amp - nothing special)
brent88
Mechanic

Post by brent88 »

if u create an audio cd with songs that are 120kb etc it will only be the same as the same song in in the same kbps.
anyway to hear the imperfections in audio tracks @ 320kbps u would need the best hearing and the best system to be able to hear noticable imperfections

just because mp3's take less room dosent mean their worse than the sound quality u would get from a audio cd. isnt the bitrate of an audio cd(80 min) 128 or 192kbps
phunkydude
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phunkydude »

@hugekim, mp3s in cd are still mp3s.

audio cd format is from original recording /.wav (thousand of kbps, eg. 16bitx 2 x sampling rate)
mp3 is compressed & encoded in kbps which leaves minor details behind.
guess there's no need to say which one is better?

nevertheless, a proper ripped 320 kbps mp3 from a good source is suffice, and the difference won't be noticeable since this is car audio and you'r on the road.

and, about the iphone aux-in vs cd, did u mean mp3s in cd as well?
seems like a placebo to me if it's the exact same mp3 that you have in your iphone vs the one you burn into data cd,
as aux-in doesn't bypass your hu.
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

brent88 wrote: anyway to hear the imperfections in audio tracks @ 320kbps you would need the best hearing and the best system to be able to hear noticable imperfections
not true on any good quality system you would be able to hear the difference. although its not something you would notice unless you were trying to notice it