Roof monitors

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

BJ
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Roof monitors

Post by BJ »

Hows everyone going? Does anyone know if its possible to install a roof monitor in the fto? I currently have an Kenwood indash DVD player & was planning to buy a roof mount monitor & hook it so when i play a movie or play playstation 2, it will also show on the roof mount monitor. A mate from autobarn said no & another mate from jb hi fi said yes, so not sure...
BJ (DRFTO)
Last edited by BJ on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Froto.gr
Grease Monkey

Re: Roof monitors

Post by Froto.gr »

i take it you want to put a tv lcd screen in fto..?,if so it is possible to do so,where you install will be your chioce as mate has put 1 in more center roof for viewing in back,when he cant watch dvd's driven hmm,, :lol:,
and if you put up front more i recomened maybe useing swivel bay on bottom off monitor view from all angle's :cyclopsani: ,you can get them made that way but check round,, :evil:
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

I think maybe the cabin would be a bit small, probably a in dash foldout one (looks tacky IMO) but each to their own.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Double Din 7.5inch FTW
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

I tend to think fold out screens look a little cheap/tacky, regardless of what they have actually set you back. This is especially the case when there is ample room for a full double DIN unit with a screen.

The FTO is pretty limited for space in the cabin, so I'm honestly unsure about your plans for a roof mount... I'll ask the installer at work in a couple of days and let him check out my FTO to see what he thinks.
Shhtuart
Forum Moderator

Post by Shhtuart »

lol, what happens if you want to use the air con?