Help with next part of my setup?

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Help with next part of my setup?

Post by renzkuken1 »

Hey guys, i currently installed my head unit and single channel amp option audio along side my 12" option audio sub.
What i want to know is how i would go about wiring my 4 channel option audio amp which i want connected to my polk audio door and rear speakers.
Not to sure what wiring i would have to do between the amp and the speakers and the head unit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Atm i have spent just over 2k on sound for my car ;) It's pree sex so far.
Will be even better once i get this sorted.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Re: Help with next part of my setup?

Post by I8A4RE »

Do you have 4 rca outputs in the back of your headunit or just the two?
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

i assume it's 4.
It's a new double din $650 head unit with dvd. So pretty sure it does.
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Do you have crossovers or not? are they splits
renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

I'm not sure what the difference is?
THey are crossovers
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

renzkuken1 wrote:i assume it's 4.
It's a new double din $650 head unit with dvd. So pretty sure it does.
Well I dont see what the problem is mate. Hook the second lot of rca's out of the HU to the 4ch amp. then outputs from amp go to each of the four speakers.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

what about bridding my 2 amps in my boot? :/
that's what i don't understand.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

When you bridge an amp you are only using one. Bridging is NOT the connection of two amps together
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

I8A4RE wrote:When you bridge an amp you are only using one. Bridging is NOT the connection of two amps together
+1 :)
I've never tried to hook 2 amps together, and I wouldn't want to.. haha
renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

oh haha
So how do i run 2 amps? Can i connect them both off the one lots of wire running from head unit otr will i need to sent more wire frmo head unit. What's the deal. :p
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

Ok you will need to run two lots of RCA leads from your head unit to your amps.. however as for power from the battery, you can buy a splitter box (or just dodgy split it) in order to feed into both your amps. Try to run your sub from one amp, and then your speakers from your other one.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

I8A4RE wrote:Do you have 4 rca outputs in the back of your headunit or just the two?
Thats why my very first question was this.
renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

Ok i understand :D
And dodge slpitting be halving the fray at the end of the feed going frmo battery to my amp currently right? :p
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

renzkuken1 wrote:Ok i understand :D
And dodge slpitting be halving the fray at the end of the feed going frmo battery to my amp currently right? :p
Yes that would be dodge splitting
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

renzkuken1 wrote:Ok i understand :D
Yes that would be mega dodgy, just get some more power cable and splice it into your other one.