Digital TV Tuner....

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

BJ
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Digital TV Tuner....

Post by BJ »

Hey everyone, im planning to install digital tv tuner in my car but i asked autobarn how much & they said it will cost me $500! I'm like yeh right....so does anyone know where to buy a cheap digital TV tuner with antenna? I checked ebay but wasn't sure about the products....watcha guys think of this?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/12V-DIGITAL-TV-T ... 564171c055
Regards,
DRFTO
millsy
Grease Monkey

Re: Digital TV Tuner....

Post by millsy »

any tuner will do really, its the antena/ariel you need to worry about, for some reason ariels are FAR more inefficient at speed, i bought a decent hidden antena for a tuner that has 2 "sticks" that you hide inside your bumper. and i have seen ones how its "invisible" antena that sticks to your rear window like contact..

point being, tuners will work only as good as the ariel, which needs to be a proper car one. i dont think that stock one would be sufficient IF this theory is true
Eltnot
Mechanic

Re: Digital TV Tuner....

Post by Eltnot »

I still have the factory option aerials on the back of my car and haven't been asked about them by cops yet. It's not illegal to have a TV in your car, just to be able to watch it whilst driving.