I finally brought a sub

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Sweep
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

I finally brought a sub

Post by Sweep »

Hi guys Ive just brought my first sub, I have never really been into the whole car audio thing but I can now see this getting addictive, I brought this for $100.00 Sub & Amp from my Brother inlaw who brought a car and didant realise this was in it :lol:
It came with a few other bits like a seperate control box to control the gain ect inside the car and a sony fuse box and good quality cables.
Only trouble is now its vibrating my car apart 8O
I have noticed more rattles on my car since running the sub, My main concern is the boot vibration you can pretty much hear the boot lid vibrating inside the car over the top of the music.
Has anyone experienced this before, and know of any fixes?
Thanks
Andy

renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic

Re: I finally brought a sub

Post by renzkuken1 »

my sub is twice the size of that and yes i notice more rattles not sure what can be done about it though i would also be interested in knowing if anyone on here does :lol:
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

I've never used this stuff but I know a lot of professional people use it when building quality sound instalations.

http://www.dynamat.com/products_car_aud ... ction.html
spency
Mechanic

Post by spency »

^ this. If your not worried about the cars weight, dynamat the boot lid, wheel arches and where your tail lights mount. Also take your back seats out and where you have the plastic cutout "arm rests", dynamat a few strips along that as well.parcel shelf can do with a few strips too.

The idea behind dynamat is to add weight to bits of plastic and metal so they won't vibrate as much, giving you a good clear sound.
Sweep
Grease Monkey

Post by Sweep »

renzkuken1 wrote:my sub is twice the size of that and yes i notice more rattles not sure what can be done about it though i would also be interested in knowing if anyone on here does :lol:
If your sub is twice the size how did you manage to fit it into your car?
millsy
Grease Monkey

Post by millsy »

i have a 4000watt system, i need another battery just to turn it up more than a quater volume, so i have had all the rattles, and fixed them all, the main rattles are in the "arm rest" and boot lid, i had some foam mat laying around, so i stuffed it between the boot and the boot "bracing". and also the plastic arm rests rattle against the metal, and the clips it clips in with, but the worst rattle i had was the rear quater glass, the plastic was rattling on the glass really bad, just chucked some foam between all that, i just stuffed foam everywhere really, and it doesnt add a lot of weight like im assuming the dynomat stuff would (well not a lot of weight, but tens times more than foam), so u can just stuff anything and everything with foam, i did my spoiler even, and even that helped
renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

If your sub is twice the size how did you manage to fit it into your car?
I took out the backseats and took out my rear 6x9 speakers to slide it past so ihave near no boot baha
bduffman
Oldtimer

Post by bduffman »

this is my sub thats about 30mm of wood
and in my old corolla dont think it will fit in the fto
gpx000
Mechanic

Post by gpx000 »

maybe i should make a box as well.
got an MBQUART or something and it JUST fits into the boot.