Eliminate Rattling Sound from Sub?

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

superezra
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Eliminate Rattling Sound from Sub?

Post by superezra »

So i'm going to upgrade my sound system soon, but i'm sure the issue will remain even with a better system. When I put the bass up the boot rattles hard, from the inside it sounds alright but from the outside it's just ugly. I'm planning on buying dynamat and covering the boot, but has anyone used other alternatives? Or if you've used dynamat, what other places would be good to stop the rattling?
Taz
Oldtimer

Re: Eliminate Rattling Sound from Sub?

Post by Taz »

ive jammed foam cubes into the boot lid areas where the metal can vibrate under heavy bass, secured the parcel tray down nice and tight and have my sub angled slightly upwards away from the front of the car, sounds mint from the inside, really dont care from the outside :lol:
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
superezra
Apprentice

Post by superezra »

So is vibrating a common issue in FTOs? The vibrating seems to come from the bottom part of the boot, not sure what it is though, the spare tire is tight.
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

I had the same problem in my Mazda MX6. Just fill it with dense foam as said above, simple enough, if it doesn't work then you didn't use enough haha
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

You clip in your rear seat belts? They rattle the panel they lean against.

I used 13 square feet on dynamat and it didn't do much imo.