Touchy AUX cable

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

crosso
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Touchy AUX cable

Post by crosso »

Sup guys. While my FTO is at the shop I figured i'd get around to buying what I need to fix some minor things up. (Like making my headlights clear again etc)

Anyway my FTO has an LCD/DVD player head unit, not exactly sure of the model. The aux and ipod cables come from the back and around through the glove box.
The aux cable is touchy though, like the sound crackles and you have to move the cord around to find the right spot for it to get proper sound. You know how headphones fail at the plug sometimes? Its like that

How would I go about fixing it? Could I just cut the wire, strip it and re attach a new one? Or will I be able to just unplug it from the back of the head unit and put a new one in?
I really dont know too much about car audio so I'm sorry if my post comes across as stupid as sh*t lol

Thanks
Andym
Grease Monkey

Re: Touchy AUX cable

Post by Andym »

its definitely the cable itself. im guessing you should be able to remove the unit and plug in a new cable from behind then just thread it through to the glove box.

out of curiosity why dont you just use the USB??
crosso
Grease Monkey

Post by crosso »

Cos it disables the ipod itself and I can only change tracks on the LCD, and its much slower then using the iPod, annoying to navigate and so on.
phi-tec
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

AUX cables are known to eff up a lot and quite easily, replace it i believe u could prob pick one up for about 10 bucks aye
You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be quoted and used against you
illmotion
Grease Monkey

Post by illmotion »

crosso wrote:Cos it disables the ipod itself and I can only change tracks on the LCD, and its much slower then using the iPod, annoying to navigate and so on.
There a free app you can download that play music if you have a touch screen ipod or an iphone it bypasses the splash screen so you can select your music freely from you ipod/iphone

other then that i recommend new aux cable they pretty cheap but better to go for a high quality cable with gold plated tips.
crosso
Grease Monkey

Post by crosso »

Ah thanks guys.

@illmotion, do you happen to know the name of it?
Google isnt very helpful
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Theyre like 10 bucks from dick smith. I got one from k-mart for $12 and its been working for 6 months, spare one in the glovebox just incase.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
illmotion
Grease Monkey

Post by illmotion »

crosso wrote:Ah thanks guys.

@illmotion, do you happen to know the name of it?
Google isnt very helpful
The one i am using is called Music+

you should be able to find it on the app store, it easier running it this way since you can charge your ipod/iphone while freely playing your music :p