Stereo Advice...

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

User avatar
SEEMYFTO
Grease Monkey
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:29 pm
Location: Kallangur
Re: Stereo Advice...

Post by SEEMYFTO » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:48 pm

Taz wrote:
Vectose wrote:Just go to a wrecker and get one.
Or wait until the DIY day and buy one of mine for 1/4 of the price???
That would be great!!! I still have lots to learn about these cars...as I may have mentioned, I've only ever owned holdens, so thanks for being patient and answering all my questions :D
FTO...Making owners mechanics since 1994

User avatar
Taz
Oldtimer
Posts: 3995
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:50 am
Location: Your mothers house
Re: Stereo Advice...

Post by Taz » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:56 pm

No worries :D
Let us know if you want to do any other servicing on the car as well - like engine oil/gearbox oil - fuel filter etc, we can show you how simple it is to do yourself and cost you 1.2 the price :D
Image
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!

User avatar
Sahin
HULK
Posts: 5412
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:38 pm
Location: Up to me nuts in boys guts
Re: Stereo Advice...

Post by Sahin » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:15 pm

Taz wrote:No worries :D
Let us know if you want to do any other servicing on the car as well - like engine oil/gearbox oil - fuel filter etc, we can show you how simple it is to do yourself and cost you 1.2 the price :D
Wait what?

User avatar
SEEMYFTO
Grease Monkey
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:29 pm
Location: Kallangur
Re: Stereo Advice...

Post by SEEMYFTO » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Taz wrote:No worries :D
Let us know if you want to do any other servicing on the car as well - like engine oil/gearbox oil - fuel filter etc, we can show you how simple it is to do yourself and cost you 1.2 the price :D
Apparently you're one to talk to about parts...I'm chasing a rear drivers side light and a stereo fascia/surround (not console)...Can you help?
FTO...Making owners mechanics since 1994

User avatar
Taz
Oldtimer
Posts: 3995
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:50 am
Location: Your mothers house
Re: Stereo Advice...

Post by Taz » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:51 pm

dstocks is the man to talk to about stereo surrounds, i MIGHT have adrivers light ill look
Image
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!

User avatar
Vectose
Oldtimer
Posts: 3821
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:45 pm
Location: Newcastle
Re: Stereo Advice...

Post by Vectose » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:51 pm

Taz wrote:No worries :D
Let us know if you want to do any other servicing on the car as well - like engine oil/gearbox oil - fuel filter etc, we can show you how simple it is to do yourself and cost you 1.2 the price :D
Yeah, she wants a sub box built. :lol:
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)

User avatar
Taz
Oldtimer
Posts: 3995
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:50 am
Location: Your mothers house
Re: Stereo Advice...

Post by Taz » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:52 pm

That is easily enough done ;)
Image
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!

User avatar
SEEMYFTO
Grease Monkey
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:29 pm
Location: Kallangur
Re: Stereo Advice...

Post by SEEMYFTO » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:53 pm

Vectose wrote:
Taz wrote:No worries :D
Let us know if you want to do any other servicing on the car as well - like engine oil/gearbox oil - fuel filter etc, we can show you how simple it is to do yourself and cost you 1.2 the price :D
Yeah, she wants a sub box built. :lol:
Hahaha yep, that's definitely on my list...Just don't know how much DIY I can fit in one day
FTO...Making owners mechanics since 1994

User avatar
Vectose
Oldtimer
Posts: 3821
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:45 pm
Location: Newcastle
Re: Stereo Advice...

Post by Vectose » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:57 pm

When building a sub box to fit behind the rear strut brace you need to be precise with measurements, to make sure that the sub doesn't hit the back of the box and that it actually fits behind the strut brace

And if you don't have a rear strut brace at the moment and are planning to get one in the future, you should borrow a strut brace to build the box.

Took me 2 days to build mine and it is a perfect fit.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)

User avatar
SEEMYFTO
Grease Monkey
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:29 pm
Location: Kallangur
Re: Stereo Advice...

Post by SEEMYFTO » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Hmmmm I'll get it looked at when the BBQ/DIY day comes around...thanks for all the helpful suggestions
FTO...Making owners mechanics since 1994

User avatar
Vectose
Oldtimer
Posts: 3821
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:45 pm
Location: Newcastle
Re: Stereo Advice...

Post by Vectose » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:07 pm

Also as a FYI, you will only be able to use 8" subs or 10" slim subs.

I opted for two Alpine Type R 8" subs, and wouldn't change them.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)

User avatar
Sahin
HULK
Posts: 5412
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:38 pm
Location: Up to me nuts in boys guts
Re: Stereo Advice...

Post by Sahin » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:12 pm

Vectose wrote:When building a sub box to fit behind the rear strut brace you need to be precise with measurements, to make sure that the sub doesn't hit the back of the box and that it actually fits behind the strut brace

And if you don't have a rear strut brace at the moment and are planning to get one in the future, you should borrow a strut brace to build the box.

Took me 2 days to build mine and it is a perfect fit.
yeah so you don't have to grind off some of the strut brace :troll:

User avatar
Taz
Oldtimer
Posts: 3995
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:50 am
Location: Your mothers house
Re: Stereo Advice...

Post by Taz » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:12 pm

Mine is a slim kicker and fits perfectly. I might snag the outside measurements on mine and build a replica. Although - do you even have a strut brace seemyfto? or would you like to build a slim one in case you get one etc?
Image
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!

User avatar
shadowarrior
Tightarse
Posts: 2700
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:48 pm
Location: Gold Coast
Re: Stereo Advice...

Post by shadowarrior » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:19 pm

Vectose wrote:Also as a FYI, you will only be able to use 8" subs or 10" slim subs.

I opted for two Alpine Type R 8" subs, and wouldn't change them.
But they don't have full gain I think?
:troll:

User avatar
Vectose
Oldtimer
Posts: 3821
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:45 pm
Location: Newcastle
Re: Stereo Advice...

Post by Vectose » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:26 pm

Sahin wrote:
Vectose wrote:When building a sub box to fit behind the rear strut brace you need to be precise with measurements, to make sure that the sub doesn't hit the back of the box and that it actually fits behind the strut brace

And if you don't have a rear strut brace at the moment and are planning to get one in the future, you should borrow a strut brace to build the box.

Took me 2 days to build mine and it is a perfect fit.
yeah so you don't have to grind off some of the strut brace :troll:
:lol: I didn't have to grind the strut brace. The fit was a bit too tight, so I grinded off about 1mm off the mounting holes.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)


Post Reply