jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Custom Tailight Build

Post by silverGPX »

bump!
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Hmmmm. Ive got a number of problems here. Firstly, with the fibreglasser retiring, I have no one to make them.Also, at present, dont have the cash to sink into that kind of exercise. And lastly, now my car is blue, I dont mind the red taillights, not to mention the how hard it would be to modify my rear bar to accommodate them. I of a half mind to sell my prototypes to someone else to run with. The fibreglasser ive been dealing with is the last one in Canberra now, so I dont really have a way forward.

Happy to hear suggestions...
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    BorepYano
    Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

dstocks wrote:Hmmmm. Ive got a number of problems here. Firstly, with the fibreglasser retiring, I have no one to make them.Also, at present, dont have the cash to sink into that kind of exercise. And lastly, now my car is blue, I dont mind the red taillights, not to mention the how hard it would be to modify my rear bar to accommodate them. I of a half mind to sell my prototypes to someone else to run with. The fibreglasser ive been dealing with is the last one in Canberra now, so I dont really have a way forward.

Happy to hear suggestions...
    and the bush fire.... lol :\

how much is left to do? if it's still up in the air by next bonfire, I'll bring some fibreglass stuff down (/convince someone to take my fibreglass stuff down, depending on if I'm stupid enough to take the elise or not), and see if we can finish it off or not.

Have you looked anymore into the lenses?
    kiz wrote:
    silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
    There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Basically the only thing left for the prototypes is the lenses. They are going to be easy to make. Laser cut to the right shape and put a single bend in. Job done. I have a cardboard template the right size for the job. Havent approached anyone on this yet.
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      Vectose
      Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

You could try and make some lenses yourself for the prototype. Using some 2mm acrylic, popping it in the oven for a bit and then forming it on to the light.
      Bennoz wrote:
      Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
      A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
      dstocks
      National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Yeah, thought of that too. Need the perspex (although I might have some 3mm I can play with).
        Connor_1994
        Mechanic

Post by Connor_1994 »

Shame im so far away, I have a few peices left from when I was going to make new headlight lenses (;
        I used a peice tge other day to form half cylinder to cover an outside light lol

Sucks about the cash flow man.
        I know the feeling, if I had the funds id buy them off you to finish them off cause there is a couple guys up here on the sunshine coast that I know.

Fingers crossed they get completed one day so I can put them on my next fto :D
        illmotion
        Grease Monkey

Post by illmotion »

Guessing i should stop waiting for this? :p
        dstocks
        National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Actually, thinking of selling the prototypes. Have decided that I wont be fitting them myself anyway. The plain red taillights dont work on white, but dont mind them on the blue car and so much to change if I wanted to use the custom ones as they wont work with my custom rear bar (due to bar covering taillights). The fibreglasser closing down though makes the decision for me (cant get them copied no anyway). So, if you want them, what I have is up for sale. Still havent made the clear perspex covers, but they would be easy to knock up. Already have a template made to the right shape and they just need a bend.
          illmotion
          Grease Monkey

Post by illmotion »

If it fit fine on the stock bumper and if you can finish it off ill def buy it! So dibs on this!!
          dstocks
          National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Alright, will try and knock up the perspex covers over christmas (get 3 weeks off). Will fit perfectly in a stock setup.
            PHIL069
            Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

A guy at my work is an experienced firbreglasser, I could ask him if he could make a mould from the prototype.
            Then make copies for sale.
            mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
            Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
            dstocks
            National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Happy if someone else wants to take it on as a project. Im not in a position to anymore. The fibreglasser thats closing down is the last one in Canberra, so there is simply no-one left to approach
              illmotion
              Grease Monkey

Post by illmotion »

I am happy to wait as long as eventually get one I am happy haha
              PHIL069
              Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

I will get moar info during the week to see if I can take the project on.
              Can you let me know how much you want for all you have on this project, you can PM me if you want.
              Also if I go ahead with this I would need your source for the actual lights that go into these.
              mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
              Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
              dstocks
              National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Going to have to re-source the red/orange/clear lenses as ive lost the link :cry:. Got enough for 1 set, but thats all. Basically got something like this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12-2-LED-ROU ... 3a86266f0b

and then I modified them by cutting the guts out of each one. Would be much better if we could just source 5 cm lenses (without the innards), but ive yet to find anything matching that description. The orange one on the outside would actually be better being a bit smaller (4.5 cm) as I had to shave a bit off the side to fit. Clear one cant be greater than 5cm to fit either. I had a look through the ebay shop for the one above and they sell red and orange. Not sure if they have clear, youd have to ask.

The other thing that maybe tricky with the fibreglass copies is how to copy the threads that screw the unit into the back of the car. The prototype has them, but not sure how to best get these into the copies.
                Sahin
                HULK

Post by Sahin »

Make it a hole and use a bolt
                dstocks
                National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

would have to embed some kind of nut in, but that would do the trick
                  prageeth
                  Apprentice

Post by prageeth »

I tried to install LED inside rear lights assembly, but it was too hard to remove the plastic cover without cracking. I wanna see the finish of this project..
                  dstocks
                  National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

The only thing left to do is build the perspex covers. Have decided myself though that im not going to install them in my car. As a result, im not really in a hurry to put in the additional effort for no benefit out the other side. Im happy to sell the units ive made and let someone else finish them off though.