Demon Eyes

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Peache
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Demon Eyes

Post by Peache »

The theme of my car is purple and red. So im after some demon eyes... so angel eyes but purple.
been trolling around but cant seem to find any for an FTO. maybe im not looking in the right place?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UV-Purple-Scion ... 0136181021
this is what im going off but they only have lancer ones.

Anyone have an advice, thought?
Attachments
UVsciontchalodemoneyeshaloshidxe-2.jpg
UVsciontchalodemoneyeshaloshidxe-2.jpg (12.48 KiB) Viewed 583 times
Taz
Oldtimer

Re: Demon Eyes

Post by Taz »

I didnt purchase mine, but doesnt $180 for 4 seem a little high priced?
You can buy any kit with 2 and they can be made to fit, they're pretty universal. Might get away with buying some bright ones and coloring the tube purple or something - im sure someone with a bit more xp can give better advice - but i wouldnt pay that for 4 rings..just saying.
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Shhtuart
Forum Moderator

Post by Shhtuart »

It's been done before by a few members,

http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.ph ... es#p328706

2 x 80mm
2 x 95mm

Baking the headlights to open them is risky if you aren't confident with that sort of thing.
Peache
Apprentice

Post by Peache »

I just dont know what will actually fit since searching FTO with it brings up nothing. I dont really know what i need, I just want demon eyes for my car aha
Peache
Apprentice

Post by Peache »

hmm on ebay theres like 1 option for both sizes, but different sellers so the colours would probably not match?

also whats the difference in buying a kit or just rings alone?
Shhtuart
Forum Moderator

Post by Shhtuart »

Peache wrote:hmm on ebay theres like 1 option for both sizes, but different sellers so the colours would probably not match?

also whats the difference in buying a kit or just rings alone?
Yeah, colours might be off slightly but it might not be too much of a difference.

They need an inverter to be wired in to run properly but they all sell them with it.

Some of the club guys might be willing to help with that coz i'd hate to imagine what a shop would charge for it :(
Peache
Apprentice

Post by Peache »

Seems if I want ultraviolet those are up up to 200 for 4. Just purple is cheaper. But looking at pics the UV ones sh*t on the other purple ones.

Theres some purple ones that come in 80m and 94mm but not 95, would that be ok?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CCFL-Angel-E ... 142wt_1026

but even then thats not UV so they seem pretty ripped off. Not too many options for me it seems !
Shhtuart
Forum Moderator

Post by Shhtuart »

Peache wrote:Seems if I want ultraviolet those are up up to 200 for 4. Just purple is cheaper. But looking at pics the UV ones sh*t on the other purple ones.

Theres some purple ones that come in 80m and 94mm but not 95, would that be ok?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CCFL-Angel-E ... 142wt_1026

but even then thats not UV so they seem pretty ripped off. Not too many options for me it seems !
Depends on how deep your pockets are, $200 is very expensive for what you're getting.

A 94mm would be fine.
enref
Apprentice

Post by enref »

I hear if you have HID's then the UV don't look so great... i think there was something on an old thread about it
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

the UV ones wont really show up unless you want to paint the inside casing to a light colour. mine didn't really show up unless in perfect lighting conditions (i.e. deem). with any HIDs you probably won't be able to see the angel eyes very well due to the brightness of the HIDs. Bottom line, UV ones have the least visible light, therefore are the dimmest.

And don't just buy some bright ones and colour it... sounds just kind of silly, just buy the colour. There are a few threads in the Group Buy section from a while ago.
Other than that I think I might actually have a set of UV ones left (which I was saving for another project, which I've abandoned now), I'll try to dig them up and take a couple photos in the next couple of days to give you a bit of any idea of how they look
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia