Games

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

destinationtoby
Broke it
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Games

Post by destinationtoby »

I used to play runescape
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
Chebus
Grease Monkey

Post by Chebus »

i think ill get the digital colonel pack, hornet plus a business hangar. This games looks sick!
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Chebus wrote:i think ill get the digital colonel pack, hornet plus a business hangar. This games looks sick!
Business hangar looks better than the Deluxe Hangar imo :) And hornet is one of the best dog fighters in the game right now. Second is the 325A. You should get access to the hangar straight away...dog fighting module starts in Dec.

Do you guys like space sims/adventures or just trolling me? :P
Chebus
Grease Monkey

Post by Chebus »

shadowarrior wrote:
Chebus wrote:i think ill get the digital colonel pack, hornet plus a business hangar. This games looks sick!
Business hangar looks better than the Deluxe Hangar imo :) And hornet is one of the best dog fighters in the game right now. Second is the 325A. You should get access to the hangar straight away...dog fighting module starts in Dec.

i do like them, EVE was just abit much to jump into.
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Chebus wrote:
shadowarrior wrote:

i do like them, EVE was just abit much to jump into.
Yeah I played EVE for a while..but it needs a lot of time to actually have 'fun' in the game. Not suitable if you work 9-5 everyday. Plus damn steep learning curve of economy.

This will be pretty much freelancer meets wing commander. Tons of action and player driven economy which you can be a part of or completely ignore.
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Star Citizen is going to end up being one of the most expensive games I've owned, considering the upgrade i'll make just to play it :lol:

I played Starlancer when I was much younger then played Freelancer so many times. I used to ignore the actual storyline just so the economy part would keep going, kinda sucked how you never actually got to keep going in that game after the storyline ended....
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

shadowarrior wrote:Do you guys like space sims/adventures or just trolling me? :P
A little from column A, a little from column B. :lol:

I really don't like the payment model, plus, is there any actual game play footage, or are you throwing money at cute faux ads?

Let's bring this back on topic...

Have some idle games.

Cookie Clicker

Candy Box 2

A Dark Room
LED ALL the things.
Eltnot
Mechanic

Post by Eltnot »

Whilst it's not a flash game, does anyone else on here play World of Tanks?
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Played World of Tanks ages back...when it was buggy and laggy...kept shooting at a lvl 10 guy/tank for 5 minutes with my level 1 tank...then he just turned around and farted and my tank exploded into billions of fragments... I un-installed the game shortly. :P

I do however play War Thunder sometimes.

@Supplanter,
That video you posted about Hornet, is actually in-game footage, but yeah, at 4K resolution.

There's also this early 2012 video of ship mechanics.

This is the in-game footage of the hangar module at 1080p which is already live and available for backers. :)

@Kiz,
That upgrade will last you a good amount of years. And you are forgetting the awesome games coming up in 2014. Just to name a few :)
The Witcher 3
Thief 4
Watch Dogs
Dark Souls 2
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Yea I googled most of those parts last night when I couldn't sleep. Looks good. Might make a few alterations.

As for The Witcher, that was the first true HD game id ever played and yea that's when I truly saw where graphics was heading... then I bought a xbox......................... was a massive back step
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

kiz wrote:Yea I googled most of those parts last night when I couldn't sleep. Looks good. Might make a few alterations.

As for The Witcher, that was the first true HD game id ever played and yea that's when I truly saw where graphics was heading... then I bought a xbox......................... was a massive back step
Do you have MSY there? Should be able to get things cheaper. What changes did you make?
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Yea MSY is where i'd get the parts. Umm, well just looking at a few alternatives to certain ones.

Probably won't change much

Cassar2610
Grease Monkey

Post by Cassar2610 »

Hey there, For those of you who played or want to play, this is a free server (Yes Free) of the Old expansion WoTLK. Feel free to hit me up if you want a refereal
slcassar@gmail.com

-Dalaran-WoW Official Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taH71Hi4TjU
-Media from our community (Screenshots and Videos): http://www.dalaran-wow.com/media/
-Latest fixes - Changelog: http://www.dalaran-wow.com/changelog
-Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dalaranwow
-Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DalaranWoWcommunity
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Should be a good time killer doing raids. Thanks mate. What are the rates? And population? Hope they don't have pay to win custom items?
Cassar2610
Grease Monkey

Post by Cassar2610 »

This is a huge time Killer but i am loving doing all the old content again. It is a 1x server rate, there is no pay to win and they are adament about that. They are also about to release a new premanantly progressive server that has gotten a few people excited.

So far population isn't ideal for us Aussies unless you want to play in the middle of the night when it is peak for the Europeans, but we are still getting raids done!
MADFTO
Mechanic

Post by MADFTO »

Re: Star Citizen.
Orgs just got released, I've just created one which I'm going to run which is intending to focus on exploration.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/PYRES
Picked up a Constellation as well, so co-op would be interesting if anyone is interested =)
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

MADFTO wrote:Re: Star Citizen.
Orgs just got released, I've just created one which I'm going to run which is intending to focus on exploration.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/PYRES
Picked up a Constellation as well, so co-op would be interesting if anyone is interested =)
Yea I've still gotta pledge, specially went out and built a new gaming computer for Star Citizen and still haven't gotten around to the pledge haha

MADFTO
Mechanic

Post by MADFTO »

heh, I'm intentionally delaying my upgrade as long as possible so I get more bang for buck later.

Still waiting on that dogfighting module to come out, I need to dust off my thrustmaster.