Great way to start the weekend :)

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Technikhaus
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Great way to start the weekend :)

Post by Technikhaus »

Just got a fine for "failing to obey a yellow signal" for going through a yellow light in the wet, and not trusting my tyres/brakes :roll:
The office said that they had been following us for a while (3 FTOs driving in a row), so was probably just waiting for an excuse to pull us over :pirat:
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
rock_it
Oldtimer

Re: Great way to start the weekend :)

Post by rock_it »

If in the wet, challenge it..

1) Your car does not have ABS
2) The age of the vehicle means less responsive equipment.
3) Th roads were wet, with oil residue, making it more slippery.

You did not feel safe in stopping at the yellow as it would have caused a dangerous situation. Either by someone slamming into you, or you not being able to stop fully in time due to the car sliding..
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Technikhaus wrote:Just got a fine for "failing to obey a yellow signal" for going through a yellow light in the wet, and not trusting my tyres/brakes :roll:
Is that even a valid law!? How f**king ridiculous! So now if we see a yellow light we're supposed to immediately slam on our brakes regardless of whether we will stop before the intersection or not!

Problem is to challenge it means taking it to court which of course is a massive PITA. Which your copper mate knows of course ...
Maybe a Current Affair might be interested? hehe :twisted:
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

It's amber... not yellow... yellow are indicators
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

Also,
NZ and aussie laws are the same.

Green = proceed if safe
Amber = stop if it is safely possible
Red = stop

http://mylicence.sa.gov.au/road-rules/t ... fic-lights
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Wow, you're brave linking something from a South Australian government site, for some reason we don't follow a lot of the same laws between states :lol:. There are always differences in opinion

But yea I would challenge that as it was unsafe to stop without causing a dangerous situation
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
destinationtoby
Broke it

Post by destinationtoby »

SchumieFan wrote:It's amber... not yellow... yellow are indicators

It's orange u fkn spastics
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

rock_it wrote:If in the wet, challenge it..

1) Your car does not have ABS
2) The age of the vehicle means less responsive equipment.
3) Th roads were wet, with oil residue, making it more slippery.

You did not feel safe in stopping at the yellow as it would have caused a dangerous situation. Either by someone slamming into you, or you not being able to stop fully in time due to the car sliding..
I tried to talk to the officer but he refused to listen to anything that I had to say. Had I attempted to stop at the lights, either I would have ended part way into the intersection, or the officer would have rear ended me (Payback for when I hit one of their cars? :lol:) but yeah he was rediculous.
Shane001 wrote: Is that even a valid law!? How f**king ridiculous! So now if we see a yellow light we're supposed to immediately slam on our brakes regardless of whether we will stop before the intersection or not!

Problem is to challenge it means taking it to court which of course is a massive PITA. Which your copper mate knows of course ...
Maybe a Current Affair might be interested? hehe :twisted:
I tried to look up anything that mentions being fined for it, but I couldn't find anything. I'm pissed off at him to say the least... I do plan on challenging it if possible,
first step is an angry letter to then against it. I shall be requesting dash cam footage if available.
SchumieFan wrote:Also,
NZ and aussie laws are the same.

Green = proceed if safe
Amber = stop if it is safely possible
Red = stop

http://mylicence.sa.gov.au/road-rules/t ... fic-lights
destinationtoby wrote:

It's orange u fkn spastics
According to the fine, and according to the NZ road-code it's yellow :o

It's the weirdest yellow I've ever seen...

But yes I shall be writing in against the fine, on multiple points:

1) I COULDN'T STOP!

2) The officer admitted to having followed us for a while, the fact that no complaints had been laid against us by the public, we could plead discrimination as he was following us waiting for the slightest mistake to pull us over. (The officer had to change directions on a main road to follow us, as he was heading towards town, and we were leaving town.

The only good thing the officer did, was let me go without a fine for driving out of my license conditions. Here in NZ on your Restricted license, you aren't allowed to drive after 10PM, it was 10:03PM when he pulled me over, and the place we were heading to was about 300M down the road, so he let me park up there.
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Look up the relevant Road Traffic Act on your state/region's parliamentary legislation website (all statutes are publicly accessible) and find the relevant section to your offence. When presenting your case to the court, show them the relevant section of the act as an indicator that you did not contravene any of the existing legislation and thus should not be charged.

That'll save you and the courts a f**k-tonne of time and money :lol:
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU