Mixing with the wildlife

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

dstocks
National Vice President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Mixing with the wildlife

Post by dstocks »

Well, hit a wombat today......

This would be why I dont drive my FTO in the dark around my place. Luckily,I was in the Triton and it mostly went underneath (straight under the middle of the car). The engine cover under the engine is a bit bashed up, but it seems I have escaped any significant damage. I guess I should be happy with this outcome as it could have been a lot worse. Not many vehicles would have come off this unscathed.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Sahin
    HULK

Re: Mixing with the wildlife

Post by Sahin »

My dad hit one in his vu ss and lucky he was only going 50 because of the fog
    The thud when it hit the wheel was quite crazy tbh
    Technikhaus
    Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

Hit a Possum a little while back, went straight under, I think it hit my sump... haha
    No damage that I could see though.
    Man '96 FTO GPX
    Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
    Man '90 MR2 GT
    Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Hit a Possum a little while back, went straight under, I think it hit my sump... haha
    No damage that I could see though.
    Wombats arent a normal animal though.They are like tanks on legs. They will punch a hole through a car.They are known for taking out diffs as well. My step daughter took one out in a laser. Punched a hole through the front bar and took out the drivers side suspension. Car cost thousands to fix.
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      tarkus
      Mechanic

Post by tarkus »

I hit one a few years ago in my "hairdresser special" on the way to a track day at Winton.
      front nearside was a bit bent and a split in the spoiler. blood all down the side.

still did the track day and car felt straight.

robert
      Money can't buy happiness, but it can help you look for it quicker, in a convertible.
      shadowarrior
      Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

dstocks wrote:Well, hit a wombat today......

This would be why I dont drive my FTO in the dark around my place. Luckily,I was in the Triton and it mostly went underneath (straight under the middle of the car). The engine cover under the engine is a bit bashed up, but it seems I have escaped any significant damage. I guess I should be happy with this outcome as it could have been a lot worse. Not many vehicles would have come off this unscathed.
      The triton/challenger stock engine guards are el-crapo though Dwayne. Am surprised it could stand the wombat's hit. Knowing where you live, I'd get some good Bushkinz bash plates for the engine and transmission. :)