My closest Mitsi dealer is 1300km's away

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Rob Furniss
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

My closest Mitsi dealer is 1300km's away

Post by Rob Furniss »

Need some half moon cam seals and as i'm so remote up in Port Hedland I thought this wasn't going to be easy and I would have to order from camskill and incur the huge delivery cost.

Managed to track down my nearest Mitsi dealer as Youngs in Geraldton and gave them a call, they are going to send me some in the post, how good is that! (ok so I have to pay for them of course but still)

Port Hedland is quite far up the WA coast and not really near anything
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... tralia.PNG
silverGPX
9.5"

Re: My closest Mitsi dealer is 1300km's away

Post by silverGPX »

Amayama mate
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Yeah, Amayama will be cheaper than any Mitsi dealer. Some items they keep in stock at their Aussie warehouse.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

Cheers, Amayama say Japan or UAE.
Mitsi are getting me these for next week but good to know about Amayama too and that if there's something I can't get mitsi can post to me also.
Amayama have rocker gaskets in stock in Aus though which is good as I may as well do those while i'm at it, anything else when i've taken the cam carriers off to do the half moons?
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Almost may as well do water pump and timing belt.. you'll have to reset timing anyway.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Spark plug seals and cam seals is pretty much all that's left. At least that's all I can think of at the moment.
Bennoz wrote:
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Crank seal should get done too as it's right there aswell lol
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

And adjust tappets, and replace intake manifold gasket if need be.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Why would you need a new one of them lol
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

The stock intake manifold gasket was a bit shot after removing the plenum a billion times so i've got one of those phenolic plastic type ones, not sure how good it's heat soak stopping properties really are.

I'm chasing an oil leak which I had originally suspected to be crank shaft oil seal but when I did the timing belt it didn't appear to be so, there was oil below the rear exhaust cam in the corner behind the cam sprocket so now suspecting half moons but I may be wrong.
I'm going to do the lot to be on the safe side, half moons, cam seals, crankshaft seal, rocker cover gaskets, just wondering if there is anything else I need to replace and order in before I get the belt off?
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Yeah, Amayama will be cheaper than any Mitsi dealer. Some items they keep in stock at their Aussie warehouse.
Nope, wrong. Halfmoon seals are common with Lancer from memory.They only cost a coupleof dollars each.By the time you pay for the postage from Amayama it ends up being more. Low cost parts are always cheaper locally as the postage component islower.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Vectose
    Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

dstocks wrote:
    Nope, wrong. Halfmoon seals are common with Lancer from memory.They only cost a coupleof dollars each.By the time you pay for the postage from Amayama it ends up being more. Low cost parts are always cheaper locally as the postage component islower.
    Nope, wrong. :lol:

They were cheaper from Amayama even with postage last time I checked.
    Bennoz wrote:
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Last time I bought them they cost $6 something for both. Admittedly this was a few years ago though. They tried to rip you because postage alone from Amayama would have cost more than that. I bet you asked for an FTO part. Quote the part number and you get the Lancer price.
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      Rob Furniss
      Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

Mitsi want $18 each for half moons and I already ordered them earlier :(
      Amayama are $9 each, thing is they are saying 10 days from Japan which will be more as i'm up in Hedland.
      Vectose
      Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

dstocks wrote:Last time I bought them they cost $6 something for both. Admittedly this was a few years ago though. They tried to rip you because postage alone from Amayama would have cost more than that. I bet you asked for an FTO part. Quote the part number and you get the Lancer price.
      I never tell them what it's for. I always quote the part number. Small items from Amayama don't cost much in postage. Last time I ordered some brake rebuild kits and a few other small things and postage from Japan was $7
      Bennoz wrote:
      silverGPX
      9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Yeah I got a heap of sh*t from there. Cant beat amayama for the convenience and its always shipped in a week. I think the couple of extra dollars is worth it saves calling around and getting stressed + fuel driving around to pick them up lol.

Also got any more info on that plastic gasket mate?
      Rob Furniss
      Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

silverGPX wrote:Yeah I got a heap of sh*t from there. Cant beat amayama for the convenience and its always shipped in a week. I think the couple of extra dollars is worth it saves calling around and getting stressed + fuel driving around to pick them up lol.

Not really got any info on the plastic gasket other than a guy in the UK had a few of them made years ago for a group buy - I got one then for the old red supercharged car that I had over there.
      I got this one from another guy off ftooc who had sold his fto and had this gasket laying around probably from the same group buy.
      I think that RPW mention them on their website but not sure if they have them for the FTO, there is some info about on the web about making your own http://tech.mirage-performance.com/tefl ... asket.html
      I'm sure it would be quite easy to get a company to do them, could get a cad drawing done pretty easily.
      tarkus
      Mechanic

Post by tarkus »

Rob Furniss wrote:
      silverGPX wrote:Yeah I got a heap of sh*t from there. Cant beat amayama for the convenience and its always shipped in a week. I think the couple of extra dollars is worth it saves calling around and getting stressed + fuel driving around to pick them up lol.

Not really got any info on the plastic gasket other than a guy in the UK had a few of them made years ago for a group buy - I got one then for the old red supercharged car that I had over there.
      I got this one from another guy off ftooc who had sold his fto and had this gasket laying around probably from the same group buy.
      I think that RPW mention them on their website but not sure if they have them for the FTO, there is some info about on the web about making your own http://tech.mirage-performance.com/tefl ... asket.html
      I'm sure it would be quite easy to get a company to do them, could get a cad drawing done pretty easily.
      if someone wants to draw around one and send me the paper I can create the CAD for machining. just need a couple of the dimensions so I have the scale correct. one of the hole diameters and distance between 2 holes would be all I need.
      can do this for most items.

Robert
      Money can't buy happiness, but it can help you look for it quicker, in a convertible.