Anyone here live in the Dandenong area Vic?

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Rob Furniss
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Anyone here live in the Dandenong area Vic?

Post by Rob Furniss »

We're thinking about a move to there early next year but as it's a national park we're wondering how people go on if they have dogs.
And I need reasonably good internet for my work so trying to suss out typical speeds in the area, i've checked out some adsl speed maps but there seems to be a large range from crap to good.
Thinking about Sassafras in particular.

Cheers,
Rob
Shhtuart
Forum Moderator

Re: Anyone here live in the Dandenong area Vic?

Post by Shhtuart »

Sahins dads place is in Dandenong. It's outer suburbs on the east side. Why Dandenong out of everywhere in Melbourne?
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

I live in the Dandenong area, which is not the same as Mt. Dandenong and the Sassafras :lol:

Sassafras is a nice quiet area.

No NBN, yet: http://www.mynbn.info/map#address:Sassa ... 0Australia
If you have an address in mind try it here to see what ADSL options you have: http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/
LED ALL the things.
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

I don't know too much about the areas yet, my wife's been doing the looking and reading up for the last few years in fact before we moved over from the UK.
She wants somewhere countryish with lots of green around and hills etc not a small hemmed in block but also not so remote that there's nothing to do (we're up in Hedland at the moment and it can be a bit of a ghost town at times).
We have two huskies also that need plenty of exercise.

Ok she's now telling me not Dandenong but the Dandenong ranges - Sassafras, Olinda, Mt Dandenong, Ferny creek maybe.
If there are other areas though that we haven't thought of that are nice (i'm sure there will be) give them a mention.
Thanks for that link Supplanter :)
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

Yeah Mount Dandenong and Dandenong are completely different. Mount Dandenong isn't too bad (a bit isolated) but Dandenong is one of the worst suburbs in Melbourne haha

Internet wise, you're not going to have much luck in the area from what I've heard, so keep that in mind if it's important to you.
tarkus
Mechanic

Post by tarkus »

hya Rob
i am in Kilsyth about 10 minutes from Mount Dandenong(top of the hill). we literally look up at the TV towers.
if you want anything checking give me a shout. PM sent re phone number.
regards robert(ex pom)
Money can't buy happiness, but it can help you look for it quicker, in a convertible.
FTOcrazy273
Grease Monkey

Post by FTOcrazy273 »

Sassafras is beautiful! Hmm if you want something central but remote at the same time I'd definitely check out mt macedon it's about 45 minutes away from the cbd and is absolutely beautiful! :)
SchumieFan wrote:FAPTASTIC!
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

tarkus wrote:hya Rob
i am in Kilsyth about 10 minutes from Mount Dandenong(top of the hill). we literally look up at the TV towers.
if you want anything checking give me a shout. PM sent re phone number.
regards robert(ex pom)
Thanks mate appreciate it.