I have some news...

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

PHIL069
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: I have some news...

Post by PHIL069 »

Daniel2019 wrote:I'd be up for helping dig my grave.
EFA :twisted:

At this stage I have no plans for a pit, couldn't afford it anyway.

Maybe in the future a hoist could be an option, but with a shed at only 3M high it might not allow enough clearance.

So jack and stands will do for now.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

PHIL069 wrote:At this stage I have no plans for a pit, couldn't afford it anyway.
Mate if Daniel digs it out, and we just line it with the 50 million pavers that your going to have spare :lol:
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Good news...
So work has started.
On Tuesday I took a day off of work and Sue, Steven and I spent the whole day at the block of land watching the earthmoving contractor prepare our house site.
It was interesting to watch and now we have a level surface ready for the house.

Rant...
We were told during the sales process that we could have the excavated authentic red Australian dirt put anywhere on our block that we wished, as long as we told the contractor.
First thing on Tuesday morning we asked the contractor to put the dirt up the back of the block near the gumtree.
He told us that was too far away from the house site.
So we asked him to put it near the fence behind the house site.
He agreed, but during the day we watched him put it all directly behind the house thinking he was going to move it at the end of the day.
When he started to pack up I asked him if he was going to move it to where he agreed to put it.
He said his job was to clear the site not to move the dirt.
I said that he agreed to put it near the fence and that he has now put a mountain of dirt right at our back door, I told him we won't even be able to move in to our new home as he has blocked the backdoor and the view from the house.
He reluctantly and angrily said it would take him hours to move it all, but he will clear a meter of it away from the back of the house.
Then he dropped his grater blade onto our new stone driveway and dragged a big chunk of it across the paddock as he headed back to work.
Sue was in tears and I phoned the site manager to complain.
It took us 3 hours to repair the driveway that night.
The site manager took photos the next day and is meeting with Sarah Homes construction manager on Tuesday to see if they will do anything about it.

Rant 2...
I have been asking Sarah Homes since October if they will be waiting until 2016 to start the build, every time I asked I was told no it will start this year.
Yesterday I was told that they will be delivering the construction supplies Jan 5, 2016 and starting the build a few days after that.

Rant 3...
We were told during the sales process that the build will take 12 - 14 weeks.
Yesterday I was told that it would take 20 weeks.
So now it looks like we won't have our new home until the middle of 2016.

We are not enjoying this process, no one will communicate to us what's happening.
I have to phone them when we get fed up with waiting for info, but no one answers their phone, it takes days to get answers to our questions.

...End rant...for now

Pics of the work done on Tuesday...

mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

We had a delivery on Tuesday.

It was everything required to build our house to lock-up, all crammed onto one semi trailer.
I took the day off of work and Sue, Steven and myself spent the day at the block of land to watch.
Well... I couldn't just watch, I got in and helped the driver unload.

After the job was done we went to have a look at a local electrical retail shop that is closing down.
We grabbed a bargain for the new house, a $900 direct drive inverter LG dishwasher reduced to $600. :cheers:

Pics of the delivery...

kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Progress :cheers:
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

Awesome! Crazy that they can get that all on one truck.
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Awesome news Phil, good to hear. Hopefully smooth sailing from here :?:
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Didn't buy it from IKEA did you? :lol: flat pack house!
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

:cheers:
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

...and the build begins

I have been going up to the site each day after work to see the progress.
There is 1 carpenter and his dog building the house.
During my first conversation with the carpenter, I pointed out where the shed is going and told him it will be built in the next couple of weeks.
His response..."THE SHED ISN'T GETTING DONE WHILE I'M HERE, I'M NOT HAVING TRUCKS AND MACHINES OPERATING ON MY SITE"
I told him that the site manager has already given the go ahead and my trades have been scheduled.
His response... "IT'S NOT HAPPENING" He also told me he didn't want us going to his site over the weekend when he isn't there.
His site? I thought it was our site!

So I called the site manager and left it with him.
2 days later the site manager gave to go ahead for the shed construction, again.
Next time I spoke with the carpenter he was the nicest bloke..."Come visit the site whenever you want" "Take heaps of photos" "You can have any left over materials, they will come in handy"

Nothings easy :roll:

Anyway, it's very exciting to see the house going up.

Pics...
(Note some pics are taken with my phone, sorry for the crappy quality)

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Days 5 - 6

Day 7

bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

You have no end of trouble with stupid people, eh? :lol: must be good to see it finally coming up from ground level though!