I have some news...

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

PHIL069
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: I have some news...

Post by PHIL069 »

Thanks guys :D

I still have a few posts to go now, just hold your hats, this will take me a little while.

Vectose wrote:Was wondering where you'd gone. :lol:
Looks great!
I have been working super long hours, completing 5 assessments for my TAFE course (each one took about 8 hours), and getting the house ready.

bjk wrote:In the next instalment, Phil becomes "The Bear in the Big, Blue House" :lol:
Top stuff, looks like everything is almost done!
I am sitting in my office in the "big blue house" typing all this ;)
Last edited by PHIL069 on Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

The story continues...

We got the keys on Friday, 22nd April (Anzac long weekend).

We could afford carpet for the bedrooms, but we couldn't afford floor coverings for the main living area.
So I came up with a solution to get the house ready for moving into.
I purchased a heap of stainable putty and sealed the base flooring sheets, it took a lot more putty than I thought it would.
I hired a floor sander and borrowed a generator from work, sanded the base flooring, and stained and varnished the floor.
It will do for now.

We worked 18 hours each day of the long weekend to get it done, boy were we buggered.

Pics...

mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

I had to work out a way to move all our stuff in, when we can move in.

I came up with another solution for this problem too :P

I got a couple of shipping frames from work, frames that front end loader frames and buckets are delivered on.
I spent a day at work with the welder and grinder and turned them into something useful, brought them to the property and Sue and I painted my invention.....this was actually done a couple of weeks prior.

I spent the following 2 weekends installing my inventions, lucky my earthworks guy was there to help with the install :salut:
I did have to buy some supplies to get the job completed, $800 worth of supplies :lol:
...and I did have to work out how to install them, I kind of made it up as I went along :lol:

BRIDGES

Pics...

PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

We stayed pretty close to our budget. A couple of things went over budget like electricity connection +$3000 over.
We had to drop a few things to make up for it...AC in the master bedroom and flyscreen doors for the glass sliding doors.

We moved in on 14/15th May.
My mum and dad drove over from Sydney to help us move house.
They stayed for a couple of weeks, but I didn't get to see them much due to long hours at work.

I purchased another truck load of stones and made a ramp up to the shed and a path from the shed to both of my bridges.
I hung curtains and tracks for all the windows and doors, mum and dad fixed up all the curtains and hung sheers and rods too.
We didn't have enough furniture, so we have spent about $1500 on flat pack furniture, I have been spending quite a few weekends building it all. I still have some to go.
I also still have to design and build a wardrobe for the master beedroom inbuilt wardrobe space.
The shed is full, most of our stuff got put there on moving day. I still have to find time to spend in there to get it sorted.

Council gave us a street number, so our Lot number is gone :P and they installed a little sign out the front of our property.
I have tried to get NBN installed, my street name or address isn't on Google maps and the NBN uses Google maps to verify that NBN can be installed :roll:
I have had my street and house number/location added to Google maps now and we are getting NBN (unlimited for the first time ever) in a couple of weeks time.
It was a bit of a sh*t fight getting it done.....Bloody Google, Bloody Optus, Bloody NBNCO.

This is all for now, I will take some pics of inside when it all gets set up.

I will leave you with a couple more pics...

Our first plant purchase...

A couple of sunset pics from the front deck...

Where my Lara Croft collection now lives :cheeky: ...
Last edited by PHIL069 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
FTOwnage
Mechanic

Post by FTOwnage »

Wow Phil its all coming together really well!

Glad to see Lara getting out again too :lol:

Floors look sweet!
FTO GPvR 6A13 Single Turbo (Almost finished....)
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Disappointed you didn't get '69 Acropolis Rd' :lol:
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

FTOwnage wrote:Wow Phil its all coming together really well!
Glad to see Lara getting out again too :lol:
Floors look sweet!
Lara had been stuck in a big box for over 3 years, she's happy to be out :lol:
bjk wrote:Disappointed you didn't get '69 Acropolis Rd' :lol:
I know right.
I had to get a PO Box as we don't get mail delivery out here. My PO Box # 619, close hey :lol:
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

Great work Phil, you've put some hard effort in there and what an outcome, really pleased for you.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Rob Furniss wrote:Great work Phil, you've put some hard effort in there and what an outcome, really pleased for you.
Thanks Rob :D
I'm really pleased for me too :lol:
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

Nice work!
What's the plan for around the outside of the house?
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Technikhaus wrote:Nice work!
What's the plan for around the outside of the house?
Definitely a huge fire pit for the SA Bonfire.