Droplink UK Group Buy *Very Cheap* (Camskill - 20% Discount)

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mr-charisma
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Droplink UK Group Buy *Very Cheap* (Camskill - 20% Discount)

Post by mr-charisma »

***Edit***

This is a Group Buy for Front & Rear Pairs of Droplinks, buying from Camskill in the UK ( www.camskill.co.uk ), below is the information I have so far, obviously there is a lot more information in the rest of the thread, please ensure to read the entire thing :)

Minimum Order: 10 Sets of Droplinks (Front & Rear)

Requirements: Camskill understandably does not want to have to post each order to a different address, so I will accept delivery & post the items to each of the Group Buy participants. Alternatively it will be possible to pick the item up from my place or I can drop it off if you live in the Brisbane CBD / Southside.

Postage: Still awaiting final numbers to find out how much the postage will be

Import Tax & GST: I have contacted the Australian Customs office & enquired about the customs duty / GST payable on imported Auto parts & have been informed that for shipments below $1000 no import tax or GST is charged. I would like to confirm this before making the order, will try to get it in email as written proof as well.

Okay, finally ... Confirmed Prices for Droplink Sets:

Front:

£ 23.15 per pair of GR/GPX/GX/GS Front Droplinks ($55.55 AUD)
£ 18.38 per pair of GPvR Front Droplinks ($44.12 AUD)

Rear:

£ 17.02 a Pair of GPX/GPvR/GX Rear Droplinks (Lowered OR Standard Height) ($40.85 AUD)
£ 19.74 a Pair of GR/GS Rear Stainless Droplinks (Lowered or Standard Height) ($47.39 AUD)

Other information:
The droplink parts are different depending on the following, so you will need to supply this information;
The version of FTO you drive e.g. GR, GPX etc.. and;
Whether it is standard height or lowered.

Discount applies to other items from camskill as well, please check their website www.camskill.co.uk & inform if theres anything else you need.
Need to buy some new droplinks, does anyone know where to get them for a GPX? And Will 'DE' parts fit if I can get them from Autobarn or someplace? I don't want to have to order them from the UK unless I really have to.. Is there anywhere in Aus that stocks them?
[/quote]
Last edited by mr-charisma on Mon May 21, 2007 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Only Mitsubishi in Aus.

The best place to get them is the UK - believe it or not they are actually cheaper to bring in than buy locally.

www.camskill.co.uk is the best. They were running a deal for all 4 at one stage, but I dunno if that still going... you can only ask I spose.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

alright, I'll have to send off an email to them & ask about it ... I've gotten a price off them before at $156 AUD with uninsured untrackable postage
& $215AUD

Have you gone with uninsured postage with them before & if so did you have any probs? Also, anyone know how much the Import tax is on these amounts when it goes through customs?

are they going to be the best place to get Tein Pillowball Strut Tops from as well? If so I might order a set of those & get them shipped in the same package..

Is there anything else that I will need to get with the droplinks? Like droplink bolts or something?

I'm getting my suspension and bushes replaced on Tuesday (KYB Excel-G Struts & Superpro Poly bushes all round), so I won't have the droplinks in time to get them done by then, but I should be able to fit them myself..
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

First up with pommy prices - their list prices usually include 17.5% VAT. Thats their 'Sales Tax' of sorts - we dont pay that. So remove the 17.5% and that gives you the import value of the goods. You then pay 15% import duty on the line item of the goods if the value is over $150 Aus dollars. You then pay 10% GST on top of that.

I've got a few Camskill invoices in my file if you want a copy.

Thats if you do it the 'legit' way... personally I prefer to talk them into charging you full pommy prices inculding VAT & then just mark the package as a 'gift' & pop it in the post.... then you dont pay anything at this end :wink:

I ended up getting my top mounts from them as well, but in hindsight there were cheaper alternatives. If you look at www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au website, they have listed all the registered Tein sellers in Aus - including UAS & themselves.

The droplinks come with the nylock nuts that you need so there's nothing else to worry about there. They can be changed on the car at any time, the only problem usually comes with getting the old ones off. Quite often the nuts can be rusted on pretty hard - thats when the angle grinder comes in handy.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

it works out about $1 cheaper to get them to mark it as "gift" and pay the VAT ... All up it will be about $197AUD :S bit more than I was thinking it would cost for them...

Might give Mitsi a call & find out how much it will cost from them.. either way I will have to bite the bullet and pay up..

Any input on the insured/uninsured post?
topao
Veteran Mechanic

Post by topao »

I need some too. maybe we could get it cheaper if we buy together :)
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Ok, I have just gotten off the phone with our friendly Australian Customs Office... so I am re-doing this whole post..

I have been informed that (in most cases) Auto parts are exempt from Customs Duty & GST if they are under the value of $1000. he has let me know that it should go through with no problems without paying these amounts.

So this brings the Total Up to;

Camskill (Paying uninsured post $35.80. If no Customs & GST.)
Base Price = 67 GBP ($160.40 AUD)
Less VAT = 55.275 GBP ($132.38 AUD)
+ Postage = 15 GBP ($35.80 AUD)
Total = $ 168.268 AUD
or (70.275 GBP)

Camskill (Paying VAT & Marked as gift + $35.92 uninsured shipping)
Base Price + Postage = $196.38 AUD

Mitsubishi in Aus (Pickup - no discount etc)
$238.60 AUD

Does anyone else need some new droplinks? I will get onto Camskill & ask if they can do a bit better on price with a few people on board, if nothing else it should reduce total postage costs.. If anyone else wants to
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

how do drop links affect handling?
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

my reason for replacing them is because they're making a lot of noise, clunking around, & I assume not working as effectively as they should, not sure if they're causing damage to other parts or not though

can't find anything specifically on the droplinks, but here's something you might find helpful
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sway_bar

*Edit - Droplinks are also known as "Sway bar links" or "Anti-Roll bar links" depending on who you talk to
benm7
Grease Monkey

Post by benm7 »

I could be interested in getting the drop links in a group buy. I was actually just about to purchase them myself in about a week.

Also, with the Tien pillow ball mounts, I got a quote from Perfect Run for $180 AUD + $40 postage. Not sure how this compares with Camskill though...
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Alright, looks like we've got a few interested in this already ... I'm going to turn this into a proper group buy, there will not be a better price on these for a long time, i guarantee it...

This is the email I have received from Camskill;

GROUP BUY

Depends on quantities

I wouldn't be willing to do a group discount if I had to ship to each individual address
1. International Orders take twice as long to process each one
2. Customers would end up paying lots of carriage

Discount say -20% on droplinks Min order 10 sets front and rear

This is a very decent price!

This puts them at $106.40 for The front & rear sets
+ postage, which should now be significantly less. I am guessing that we would want to get insurance on the delivery, which will probably work out cheaper than normal postage anyway split between everyone involved.

Drawbacks may be that the package may attract a Customs Fee & GST, I will have to look into it & let everyone know. if he is able to split the packages into two lots rather than 10, this will hopefully not be a problem if they are under $1000 each package.

This group buy may also include a few sets of Tein Pillowball Topmounts if they are discounted as well. I am interested in these, as well as a few others.

Please add your name to the list if you are interested

DROPLINKS (FRONT & REAR)

1.) Michael
2.) Topao
3.) Benm7
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

TEIN PILLOWMOUNTS

1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

DROPLINKS (FRONT & REAR)

1.) Michael
2.) Topao
3.) Benm7
4.) JoeJoe
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

TEIN PILLOWMOUNTS

1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

DROPLINKS (FRONT & REAR)

1.) Michael
2.) Topao
3.) Benm7
4.) JoeJoe
5.) Jonowong
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

TEIN PILLOWMOUNTS

1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Im all for this guys (the GB running that is) but isn't it going to put the value of the goods over 1k? Ie susceptible to import duty etc?
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Drawbacks may be that the package may attract a Customs Fee & GST, I will have to look into it & let everyone know. if he is able to split the packages into two lots rather than 10, this will hopefully not be a problem if they are under $1000 each package.
i'm hoping that they won't mind splitting them up into 2 packages..
Also, how is postage going to work? Don't want to have people paying postage twice, once to get it into the country and then again to send it out to their address if it is going to be more expensive that way.. It might owkr out cheaper but I will have to check..
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

mr-charisma wrote:
i'm hoping that they won't mind splitting them up into 2 packages..
Also, how is postage going to work? Don't want to have people paying postage twice, once to get it into the country and then again to send it out to their address if it is going to be more expensive that way.. It might owkr out cheaper but I will have to check..
2 packages, nice 8)

All the pommy GB's we've run have been easier to get everything delivered to one address, then distributed by the GB owner. Just get a price from your local post office & divy it up amongst buyers I'd reckon.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

are they getting shipped over as such or couriered?

with my CCFL rings they were just couriered from factory to my door, think it worked out a couple bux more than if i was to have them send it via a shipping company then do all the customs stuff myself. but it sure saved me a whole lot of time and trouble (i.e. it takes them appaprently under 5 mins to do clearance... which is impossible if i tried myself lol), but then again the factory had a good deal with DHL... at about 1/2 price i think.

long story short, find out how much for them to just courier the 2 packages to your door direct.

oh god, i hape this is relevant lol
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

DROPLINKS (FRONT & REAR)

1.) Michael
2.) Topao
3.) Benm7
4.) JoeJoe
5.) Jonowong
6.) FTOSam
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

TEIN PILLOWMOUNTS

1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

With the chassis having 170,000kms i think i might replace these.

What will the pillowmounts do? What price are they? Seeing as im looking to get my suspension done, i might as well do this GB...

Can i avoid local post if i pick them up from you?

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

I'm still trying to decide whether to replace my strut tops with pillow mounts or leave them as is.. I think I might see how my car drives after I have the suspension replaced next Tuesday.

Here's some propaganda from Tein ;)
http://www.tein.com/pumnt.html

As for price;

Camskill (No Discount, Less VAT) = $279.66 AUD (Plus postage costs)
Camskill (Group Buy price) = $223.73 AUD (plus Postage costs)

And, anyone in can come & pick them up from me & avoid postage costs. I am located off the M1 at Beenleigh half way between Brisbane & Gold Coast. If you're in Brisbane; I work in East Bris so I don't mind dropping them around after work either to save you on fuel.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Thanks for the info b0rep :) Definitely useful stuff 8) I have no idea about all the customs stuff, I just assumed that it would clear automatically and delivered without itervention, will look into it.

Are you in the market for anything from Camskill B0rep?

*note* If there is anything else that people want from Camskill let me know & I will see if they will include it in the GB.
http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m3b0s0p0