LIMITED RUN: REVERSE INDIGLO DIALS

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

smorison
The Godfather
jedwabna poszewka promocja

LIMITED RUN: REVERSE INDIGLO DIALS

Post by smorison »

This is a high quality dial kit for the FTO with Blue numbers on white background during the day and REVERSE Indiglo at night. The kit includes:

Speedo
0 to 180 KM/H

Taco
4 speed Tip
5 speed Tip
Manual

Others
Battery Dial
Clock Dial
Fuel/Temp Dial

THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED TO A SMALL RUN DON'T MISS OUT.

You can order here:
http://ftoaustralia.com/modules.php?nam ... &prodID=23

Unfortunately orders must close on the 25 February 2003. The price is 175.00 plus shipping. the normal price (if i buy extra's will be 200.00 plus shipping).

be quick don't miss out.
Last edited by smorison on Mon May 24, 2004 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ellusion
Grease Monkey

Post by ellusion »

Those dials you have shown are for the MR2. Would the FTO dials look very similar? Any pics on the FTOs ones?

Also wondering if the mph will be in the centre like the pic shown. Hopefully it wouldn't...

Thanks...
ellusion
Grease Monkey

Post by ellusion »

One more question:

On the Tiptronic tacho, would the slots for the gears simply be cut out or would they actually have the numbering..
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Does anyone have a picture of what the standard (non-EL) KMC dials look like at night time, the ones with the white background, as sold on this website?
MIVEC is My Friend :D
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

<edit> see KMC reply

EDIT: no they don't have mph inserts... they are KPH only i've already checked on that
Last edited by smorison on Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kmc
Approved FTO Australia Trader

Post by kmc »

hi, the fto reverse indi will look very similar to the mr2 ones. I don't have any picture of an fto version. Unfortunately the tip version will have squares cut out, but i will see if the manu can make a see through lettering, which means you will need to remove the old dials by cutting out the old ones so light can shine through.
kmc

Post by kmc »

ImagePlease note that this is only an artist impression.[/b] The actual lighting will be the same as the mr2 ones that i currently do.
wildfaye
Grease Monkey

Post by wildfaye »

err...wats dat little character at the button of the speedo?
just below the 180kmh number?

can we have dat removed? please?
ellusion
Grease Monkey

Post by ellusion »

They look great. But it will definately NOT have the mph insert right?

I'm not too fussed about the tip cutouts on the tacho... i think the individual cutouts look fine. Thought it was gonna be two vertical parallel cutouts....
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

kmc wrote:hi, the fto reverse indi will look very similar to the mr2 ones. I don't have any picture of an fto version. Unfortunately the tip version will have squares cut out, but i will see if the manu can make a see through lettering, which means you will need to remove the old dials by cutting out the old ones so light can shine through.
Cutting out the old ones? Cant we just put the dials on top of the old ones?
And please put MPH on it ... looks too plain without it
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

akuma3 wrote:Cutting out the old ones? Cant we just put the dials on top of the old ones?
And please put MPH on it ... looks too plain without it

the dials actually just pull off, they don't need to be cut.

this dials shown are MPH with KPH inserts (just to give you an idea of the dials) the ones we will be getting will be KPH only as not enough people (i.e. 1) want them with MPH inserts. sorry mate
TheSentry
Grease Monkey

Post by TheSentry »

smorison wrote:the dials actually just pull off, they don't need to be cut.
Sounds good. I assume the dials won't be too much of a headache to install then?
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the standard (non-EL) white/blue dials give the same appearance at night time, with the exception of the solid circle right in the middle of the dials?

Based on various photos I've seen of other makes white guages this seems to be the case.

Can someone with the non-EL white/blue (or white/red or white/green) dials confirm this or provide a picture of a shot taken at night time.
mrdj1234
Grease Monkey

Post by mrdj1234 »

check the pic of dAsh's car in the "blue leds" thread... bottom of the first page...

pretty similar effect i think....
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Yeah, it's similar, but not the same.

I'd like to see what the proper white background dials look like at night, anyone got a picture?
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

a minor point, but none the less worth mentioning... :roll:

I noticed on the "artists impression" that the temperature gauge has the cold marker in red and the hot marker in blue. I've checked this against the other dials you sell, such as the white/blue ones, and these are around the other way. Obviously it makes more sense if the cold marker is blue and hot one red, both from a temperature point of view as well as a warning indicator point of view.

just wanted to point this out, before the dials were made :wink:

kmc

Post by kmc »

well spotted batman.

kmc
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

kmc, what part of these dials are EL?

Is it just the big glowing circle in the middle of the dials, or is all numbering, lettering and markings EL?

To clarify this further, are the numbers, letters and markings backlit by the normal dash globes, or lit up by EL material?

Although I have found it very hard to get detailed information on these products, to do a proper comparison, from what I can put together, it would appear that these dials are basically just the white/blue dials with a big EL circle in the middle.

Also, can the EL material on these dials change colour, or is it fixed at just one colour.

Could you please clarify this?
kmc

Post by kmc »

if you take a look at the very post which are actual photos of reverse indi's from a mr2 then this will give you an idea of what the fto ones will look it. It does come with a hue and brightness controller. There are 5 steps of blue/green variation and 5 steps of brightness.

Though basically the same as my white dials with a large circle in the middel it is a lot better than standard dials.

The whole dial is EL, numers, graphics the 'big circle', infact has anyone played Need For Speed, Underground, in the demo you'll see a car fitted with a reversed indiglow dial. Its so 8)
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

thanks for the clarification, that information was very useful.