LIMITED RUN: REVERSE INDIGLO DIALS

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ruchi
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by ruchi »

yeah, mine is all done. I can tell you which LEDs to use where, how to use them and where to source them.

As you know this information was removed after things got a little nasty, but just wait a day or two coz Steve and I are discussing / sorting out a few things via PM first.

Scracy checked out my LEDs the other night when I fixed up his computer, he liked them so much I'll be doing his next. :D

Choosing the wrong LEDs will cause problems and could be costly.

I also replaced the interior light globes in the mirror with LEDs, talk about bright and white!
MIVEC is My Friend :D
Adriano
Grease Monkey

Post by Adriano »

sweet mate!! been waiting for that info hehhhehe....
yah, mine cost me around 80$ and still not happy... would u be able to post a pic of your interior leds ruchi?? i just wanna see how different it is to mine.... thanks and sorry i think we're already hijacking this thread 8O
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

yes, just wait a day or two while Steve and I sort a few things out.

I'll start a seperate topic, so we're not hijacking this one :wink:
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Any news on this ruchi...

I'm just wondering, i don't particularly like the reverse indiglo dials, i really really like the plain indiglo dials, i don't know if that's the correct name for them... :?

Basically the ones on the fto in that night movie from the NSW section that G1 posted up...

:arrow: http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... c&start=20

:arrow: http://users.on.net/jiwan/anzacbr.avi

Sorry if it's a plain question, but i did try searching for the answer first...

To summarize, i just want to know where i can get them... for the future, it's in like the top 4 things i want to get done when i do get my fto...
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

i can probably get you a set of normal indiglo's .... however only for manual
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

smorison wrote:i can probably get you a set of normal indiglo's .... however only for manual
Cool,
I just wanna confirm that the ones you mean are the actual ones i am talking about :P

In what sense do you mean that you can get them for me, do you mean you know a friend that's selling them, or UAS, or you have them lying around...

Is there a place in Australia that you can get them from, i had a look but i had difficulties even finding a website that was selling them worldwide.

Cos i haven't got my fto yet... but once i do, it's getting indiglo dials very soon. I want manual only, so that should be fine...

Is this offer long standing or temporary...

Sorry for all the questions :oops:
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

let me check see if i can still get them, if i can they would only be available whilst there is still stock and they are not being made anymore.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

all sold out :(
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Ok, thanks heaps for looking into it at least...
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Boris the dials Steve was refering to were made by KMC and you may find that some suppliers in the UK may have them, but you'd need to do the leg work yourself.

You can get EL dials within Australia, from memory the company who makes them is emtech.
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

ruchi wrote:Boris the dials Steve was refering to were made by KMC and you may find that some suppliers in the UK may have them, but you'd need to do the leg work yourself.

You can get EL dials within Australia, from memory the company who makes them is emtech.
Thank mate!
That's cool i'm prepared to look into it, it's was just hard to get started without any references... which i now have atleast... :)
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

Boris wrote:
ruchi wrote:Boris the dials Steve was refering to were made by KMC and you may find that some suppliers in the UK may have them, but you'd need to do the leg work yourself.

Thank mate!
That's cool i'm prepared to look into it, it's was just hard to get started without any references... which i now have atleast... :)

emtech from memory wanted 300+ for their dials.

i think there's had to be fitted professionally where-as the KMC ones you can fit yourself (or for a few beer's i do it for you - if yuo were in sydney)
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Yeah, i e-mailed the guy from KMC, and he said he no longer has them, and doesn't make them any more.

You are correct, i also talked to the guy from emtech, and yes they are $295 i think from memory, plus installation...
But he was nice and sent me pictures of em :)

I think i will have to go with the reverse el when i have the money, as $300 is a bit steep for that type of look... :?
Name: Boris
Rides: Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR, Volvo XC60 & 3 push bikes!
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

LOL! :lol: ummm.... Boris, there was little point asking KMC if they had them in stock as this is what Steve would've done :wink:

However, what might be valuable is to ask KMC who he was supplying them to, in particular in the UK, and who he thinks might still have stock. Not too long ago, I contacted a few places in the UK about the dial kits and some still had stock of them.

Do a search on the net for "fto dials" and then email a number of places who sell them.

The emtech ones are so expensive because they are done in such small runs, if enough people wanted them for a group buy, the cost would come done quite a bit, but would probably still be more expensive than the KMC ones. They could even customise the design for you. As standard, the emtech ones do not include the centre console dials (clock and voltage).

I could be wrong, but I suspect the KMC ones are actually made by a company in Germany (from memory), and they may still be able to supply you with a set. I can't remember their name, but I did a search for white dials, reverse dials, and EL dials and I found their site.
kmc
Approved FTO Australia Trader

Post by kmc »

tip version night pic
manual version night pic

apologise for not so great pics due to the digicam unable to take decent night pics w/o use of flash. KMPH version will be ident to the 180mph except that it will not have inner speed marking( due to digicamera you cant actually see the inner speed markings) plus it will have kmph instead of mph lettering.

Please enquire with S Morrison for purchasing.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

ruchi wrote: I could be wrong, but I suspect the KMC ones are actually made by a company in Germany (from memory), and they may still be able to supply you with a set. I can't remember their name, but I did a search for white dials, reverse dials, and EL dials and I found their site.

not made in germany....

and i doubt the german ones are realyl made in germany....
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

guys i have 2 extra sets of dials, if you want them you'll need to be quick.

purchase through the FTO shop
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

Hello,

Any more left?
And how much is it?

Thank you,
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

i think it says $175 in the FTOShop section