UAS Cold Air Take - Group Buy

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

PHIL069
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: UAS Cold Air Take - Group Buy

Post by PHIL069 »

sivan wrote:
Bennoz wrote:He's picking up mine shortly to grab the dimensions.
Gonna pick up the Pipe from Bennoz either tonight or tomorrow night, will get some quotes right away with different materials and manufacturers and we'll decide here with what we wanna go with depending on prices and numbers. I'll keep you updated.
Bring it with you on Saturday so I can steal it :twisted:
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
sivan
Apprentice

Post by sivan »

I'll put it on eBay and highest bidder can have it :lol:

Started using ANSYS at uni this semester and the program is insane!! Widely used in the Mechanical/Automotive industry. It’s an engineering simulation software which can simulate any object or situation such as a car crashing into a wall or how much airflow goes thru a particular pipe. So in our case I can design any intake pipe with a given velocity and simulate it to see which design has the best airflow which will determined by the output velocity. Then basically just take the CAD drawing from the program to a CNC Manufacturer and get it made. If it was the end of the semester I would have gone thru the effort, but I'm flat out for time and from my understanding the UAS pipe is really well designed. I will however still sketch it up and muck around with it in ANSYS to see what kind of airflow we're getting. :)
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Any luck with the copy intake sivan?
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I'm too busy to lend out the pipe at the moment unfortunately, I'm off tomorrow for a month of wedding & honey & its not even on my to do list at this point sorry guys.
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

I knew I should have put money on this not going down

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!
Taz wrote:When funds allow
sivan
Apprentice

Post by sivan »

It will go down, just have to wait a month or two, unless someone else can lend their UAS Pipe?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yeah I can help you all out at a later date, just not till Nov.
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Got mine on, thanks group buy!
Oh wait... :troll:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353540593.427538.jpg
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Hey Sahin! Come over to my place for some drinks. How many do you need to get drunk? I mean to enjoy the buzz? You can stay the night as well so you don't have to drive back home drunk..... ok?
:twisted:
sivan
Apprentice

Post by sivan »

Just finished my last exam so I'm on a break for 3 months now xD, so whenever your ready Bennoz just hit me up if you can still let me borrow the UAS Pipe for a couple of days. Cheers
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I'm back at work now mate, so any time after about 5:30pm is good this week, or I'll be home most of the weekend. You've got my number, just flick me an sms ;)
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

@Bennoz: Take a security deposit in case he turns out to be a runner!!

@sivan: Let me know if you need a place to hide your loot once you get the intake kit from Benz. I know someone who knows someone who hides stolen goods!
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

shadowarrior wrote:@Bennoz: Take a security deposit in case he turns out to be a runner!!

@sivan: Let me know if you need a place to hide your loot once you get the intake kit from Benz. I know someone who knows PHIL069 who hides stolen goods!
:P
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

PHIL069 wrote:
shadowarrior wrote:@Bennoz: Take a security deposit in case he turns out to be a runner!!

@sivan: Let me know if you need a place to hide your loot once you get the intake kit from Benz. I know someone who knows PHIL069 who hides stolen goods!
:P
cheeky!! :lol:
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

the amount spent by numerous members trying to recreate this intake pipe is astounding. I would think for the time invested you would try to copy something worthwhile, that will actually make some good gains over a pipe.
Ah well - carry on...
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

If only there was something that had been dyno tested and proven to work. Oh, wait, the UAS pipe has.
LED ALL the things.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

that is irrelevant - there are many more mods that dont require a proven dyno sheet to clearly show they give a power increase. just because an intake pipe has a dyno sheet and has been "proven to work" doesnt mean it is automatically the best mod to do over others because a (e.g.) port and polish doesnt have a piece of paper. Theres also the point that intake pipes/pods usually give little to no power increase, if not back track - which is most likely the reason why they made a supporting dyno run - and if it wasnt UAS that did the 'proven test' then why the hell bring it up? my point still stands - there are many other mods to do aside from an intake, and will probably take far less effort to copy/buy/make/whatever
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

:facepalm2: