UAS Cold Air Take - Group Buy

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

PHIL069
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: UAS Cold Air Take - Group Buy

Post by PHIL069 »

OOOOOOOOOO!
Aluminium UAS intake pipe :thumright:
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

Aluminum I would definitely be interested in
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Rather carbon fibre, that'd the best option but o spose aluminum o could be happy with. I'll just make a mould and pump out a cf one myself lol
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Carbon fibre wrap the aluminum one?
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

Carbon fiber would be better but not at twice the cost...
It's all price relevant in my opinion
sivan
Apprentice

Post by sivan »

Yeh Carbon Fibre would be way too expensive, and not many companies use it so it'll be hard to find a manufacturer.
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

For some odd reason i never liked the look of carbon fibre apart from their weight reduction use. But matching shiny metal parts around the engine bay definitely interests me. :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

carbon fibre doesnt hold heat, which is why it is the ideal material for air induction, not for the look or few grams it would save. And i would make the thin myself, wouldnt be hard as i would make a mould from a UAS pipe and go from there - its not hard its like fiberglass
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

To be honest I want it to look stock, and to connect to the stock airbox as I think I am over induction sound
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

sivan wrote:Bennoz if you don't mind can I borrow it next week sometime? I've got a week off Uni so I'll draw it up in Autocad or Solidworks so I'll have the blueprint which will be a lot easier to replicate later whenever someone is interested. I've also got a friend in Ingleburn who works with 6061 aluminium, so I'll see how much he'll charge to make them and I'll get a few other quotes.
Yeah no worries mate, just flick me a pm when you're ready.
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

spetz wrote:To be honest I want it to look stock, and to connect to the stock airbox as I think I am over induction sound
I didn't think this could be possible :lol:
gotta get there one day :)
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

Bennoz wrote:
sivan wrote:Bennoz if you don't mind can I borrow it next week sometime? I've got a week off Uni so I'll draw it up in Autocad or Solidworks so I'll have the blueprint which will be a lot easier to replicate later whenever someone is interested. I've also got a friend in Ingleburn who works with 6061 aluminium, so I'll see how much he'll charge to make them and I'll get a few other quotes.
Wow, is this really going to happen!? :lol:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

bass_twitch wrote:
Bennoz wrote:
Going to happen as in, returning my f@cking breaker bar or actually happen-happen? :lol:
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

Bennoz wrote:
bass_twitch wrote:
Bennoz wrote:
Going to happen as in, returning my f@cking breaker bar or actually happen-happen? :lol:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
It's in my boot!
In my car!
At my house..

Just I'm not...

Sorry!!! I'll drop it around next time I'm home or in my car whether you are home or not, deal? So probably on the weekend?
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

bass_twitch wrote:
Bennoz wrote:
bass_twitch wrote:
Bennoz wrote:
It's in my boot!
:cheeky:
phi-tec
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phi-tec »

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool ^
You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be quoted and used against you
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

ZFL45H1 wrote:
spetz wrote:To be honest I want it to look stock, and to connect to the stock airbox as I think I am over induction sound
I didn't think this could be possible :lol:
And yet it seems that it is all too possible :(
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

bass_twitch wrote:
Bennoz wrote:
bass_twitch wrote:
Bennoz wrote:
It's in my boot!
In my car!
At my house..

Just I'm not...

Sorry!!! I'll drop it around next time I'm home or in my car whether you are home or not, deal? So probably on the weekend?
:lol:

Yeah doesn't matter if I'm there, just chuck it near the garage somewhere. I'm quite attached to that hand made bit of pipe! :lol:
pearl_blu_fto
Apprentice

Post by pearl_blu_fto »

Bennoz wrote:
bass_twitch wrote:
Bennoz wrote:
bass_twitch wrote:
Bennoz wrote:
It's in my boot!
In my car!
At my house..

Just I'm not...

:lol:

Yeah doesn't matter if I'm there, just chuck it near the garage somewhere. I'm quite attached to that hand made bit of pipe! :lol:
So you enjoy handling your bit of pipe :lol:
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

If these end up being cheap I'll get one, and sell my original first batch UAS pipe for $500 to one of the Gen Y hipsters here.
LED ALL the things.