Facelift Factory Ts Group Buy

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

dstocks
National Vice President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Facelift Factory Ts Group Buy

Post by dstocks »

OK, here it is. They didnt have time to prime it and this is just the first fitting, but hopefully you can see enough to make a decision. Clearance on my stock bar is 18cm. Clearance on this bar is 14cm at the middle and 12cm on either side. Im running Apexi Lowering springs, so im a little lower to start with. This translates to a drop of 5-6cm on a stock facelift bar. Now the pics:

The following 2 pics show the fit. Not bad, but I think I can get it better still. This was just a rough fit up at this stage.

OK, decision on the next 2. At the moment, I have retained the indented Mitsi Logo. I could get this filled in. Interested in feedback. As to the 2nd photo, for some reason, when they blended it, they left the wierd bits at the bottom of the mouth. I intend on getting these filled in. The photoshopped picture at the bottom shows how this would come out.

And here is one ive photoshopped a bit to put in lights and mesh and filled in the bits mentioned above:

As to price, $500 each and I need to get ten people to move ahead. Having said this, If we get 5, im prepared to buy the other 5. Im sure they will move eventually. If I get more than 5 people, I am happy to start swapping bars (J) and maybe dropping the price in exchange for stock bars. Im not going to leave this open for very long as I want to get this finished and on the car.

The bar will have the same tabs for the rheo (the metal structure that joins to the bar and holds it on) as a stock facelift bar. If you have a facelift bar already, this will be a matter of simply unbolting the rheo from your existing bar and bolting it up to the new one. Im unsure myself of any differences between prefacelift bar rheo and facelift bar rheo. It would be helpful if someone could confirm this. There will also be tabs in place to screw mesh to. Im thinking the mesh itself will not be included (I will have to ask to confirm). If you want the bar primed prior to being picked up, this can probably be arranged, but will be additional (again, id have to ask to get a price). I know the shop can paint as well, but I do not have any pricing on what that would cost.

Any questions, just ask or PM me
Last edited by dstocks on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Ferrus
    Apprentice

Post by Ferrus »

I dont suppose you have the lights as well I can purchase :D

But yea... I'M IN!

Oh, personally i think the mitsubishi indent should be filled in.
    aza013
    NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Well you know I am in for one :D
    yep it needs to be filled at the bottom as for the mitsi indent maybe keep it as is then if ppl want it filled they can do it when they get it fitted and painted.
    Dan25
    Mechanic

Post by Dan25 »

Can I ask what the price would be if I were to swap my stock facelift?
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Ummmm, ive got about 2.5K I can put towards the bill (which will be 5K). If there are enough people buying in, ill look at swapping bars. In the event where this happens, for a facelift bar in good condition, im thinking $150 - $180ish (maybe slightly more, I have to do some reaearch to find out what people are prepared to pay for one). I need to make sure im not out of pocket and I am taking a bit of a risk by offering this as an option.
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      Dan25
      Mechanic

Post by Dan25 »

So do you mean you would pay $150 to $180 for it and then I'd pay only $320 to $350 for the T's Factory?
      Ferrus
      Apprentice

Post by Ferrus »

And how much for the lights if you have any in stock?
      Bennoz
      National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yeah, I'll take one.
      dstocks
      National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Dan25 wrote:So do you mean you would pay $150 to $180 for it and then I'd pay only $320 to $350 for the T's Factory?
      Correct. I would knock $150 to $180 of the buy price and I would take your old bar. Having said that, I would not be wanting to cop a huge freight cost to get it to me as that would not make it worth the hassle. The place where the bars are being made is in Canberra and I would be hoping to pick up any swapped bars locally.

As to lights, I do have a set of indicators up for grabs. I also have a set of foggies, but not sure I want to part with these just yet (they are bloody hard to come buy and usually cost a mint).
        JOeJOe
        Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

Anyone wanting to part ways of their post-lft bars can fine a local buyer? This might save postage for people that can't make it to Canberra for the swap.
        dstocks
        National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

If there are a few and we are looking at Sydney, I may be able to make a trip. I could always deliver the new ones and take the old ones I guess (with enough to cover my trip - petrol etc).

Anyway, ill start the list

1. Aza
        2. Ferrus
        3. Bennoz
          pete_gpx
          Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

Count me in.
          dstocks
          National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

1. Aza
          2. Ferrus
          3. Bennoz
          4. Pete_gpx

OK, one more and its happening
            J
            Oldtimer

Post by J »

1. Aza
            2. Ferrus
            3. Bennoz
            4. Pete_gpx
            5. jay (s1 t's factory swap/mitsu indent filled)

can i ask what extra cost for it primed? or am i covered for that in the swap :D

+ ill just swap in person if thats ok with you.
            I8A4RE
            QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Bennoz wrote:Yeah, I'll take one.
            WTF????

Ben going ricer :P thought you wanted the sleeper look :lol:
            dstocks
            National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Yep, ive already asked that question. He said that he had never seen one he really liked before and his stock one isnt going to fit without modification because of some of the new pipes.
              arctan
              Grease Monkey

Post by arctan »

same here but how hard will it be to get the indicators and stuff because I have a pre facelift bar?
              dstocks
              National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Well, I can get the indicators easily enough and they bolt straight onto the bar, so no dramas there. The foglights are a bit of a different story. They are very expensive to buy new and will not bolt straight on to a prefacelift bar. Having said this, they are not required, so you can put the car on the road without them and sort that out later. WE may well be able to find something aftermarket that will do the job nicely anyway.

I currently have at least one set of indicators and there is a set on Yahoo atm that I might nab as well just in case.
                nvr2low
                Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

these looks sick dstocks mate if I didn't already have my bozz speed I would have one.
                Ben nice to see your stock bumper doesn't fit just like mine didn't lol.
                dstocks
                National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

OK, Just dropped it back off for the final changes. Didnt get to speak to the boss, just his offsider, but he said the mesh is normally included in the price -you just need to choose the colour (BONUS) and that it is possible that they could churn out the mould by the end of next week and possibly start churning out the copies the week after.

[edit]OK, just talked to the boss. The mesh will be silver (the holes in the black are too big) and will be included with the bar at no additional cost. Bars should start coming off the assembly line in 2 - 3 weeks.[/edit]