Carbon Fibre EVO5 bonnet for FTO now Available

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

debbie
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by debbie »

does anyone know if they r illegal in sa
Guni_GuGu
Grease Monkey

Post by Guni_GuGu »

Won't CF on black look wierd? as they'd be too different shades of black?

Anyone have any pics of AB style on an actual fto? or any other pics of the evo on an fto?
Adriano
Grease Monkey

Post by Adriano »

go to the first page of this thread and you'll see an evo bonnet on an fto
Jeff
Grease Monkey

Post by Jeff »

Stephen,
Count me as a maybe. I want to check with my inurance and Qld transport first. Also has anyone got better pictures of the AB style. Preferably on an FTO.
Jeff
Adriano
Grease Monkey

Post by Adriano »

check the carmate site... they have it there, in silver though....
and just curious, since the cheaper carmate group buy disappeared,
do you think we can get UAS to match carmate's group buy of $950??
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

Adriano wrote:check the carmate site... they have it there, in silver though....
and just curious, since the cheaper carmate group buy disappeared,
do you think we can get UAS to match carmate's group buy of $950??

i wouldn't trust carmate on their pricing... they'll do the same as SRS did at the beginning of this thread
EXC
Apprentice

Post by EXC »

Ok this thread is all over the place it needs some cleaning up.
After 10mins of reading I have no idea what the price is at now, how many people are in or even what they look like!

So can I please have an update here?

Please state how much each bonnet is with possibley a pic of each.

Cause i wanna say im in but i dunno what i am in to?
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

Considering that no-one has posted on this thread for 3 months i'd say it was a no go
sunraider
Grease Monkey

Kaze Aerocraft

Post by sunraider »

I don't like the EVO bonnet that much either. I have my eye on a Kaze Aerocraft bonnet.. It's basically a vented bonnet with the vents that are like a few fish scales on the sides. I know that we can get them imported from japan but im not sure of where to get a hold of them here.

They will probably be more expensive than the Evo one for sure, but I think the rarity of the look is worth it.

Full set of images are at: http://fto-tension.web.infoseek.co.jp/f ... aze-e.html
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

if you're serious we should be able get them... by the time you bring them in you looking at somewhere between 1800-2000 - and then it has to be painted (3-400)...
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

Just wanted to point out that those vents on the side over the wheels are a different part. The bonnet only has those vents in the middle.

There was someone who had a custom job done on their bonnet, similar to the kaze bonnet but a hell of a lot cheaper, mite be a better option, as there is really no reason other than looks to get the genuine kaze part!
FTO338
Oldtimer

Re: Kaze Aerocraft

Post by FTO338 »

sunraider wrote:I don't like the EVO bonnet that much either. I have my eye on a Kaze Aerocraft bonnet.. It's basically a vented bonnet with the vents that are like a few fish scales on the sides. I know that we can get them imported from japan but im not sure of where to get a hold of them here.

They will probably be more expensive than the Evo one for sure, but I think the rarity of the look is worth it.
You can get them from Takakaira, heres a link to their website
http://www.takakaira.com/aerokits/aero ... .asp?cat=5
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
sunraider
Grease Monkey

Post by sunraider »

if you're serious we should be able get them... by the time you bring them in you looking at somewhere between 1800-2000 - and then it has to be painted (3-400)
If i am able to get the ones from Takira, it will cost me approx $1260 with the Xchange rate at the moment.. that doesnt include shipping and painting.. I should be able to get it done within $2K..

Im willing to fork out that money later though.. I've got some other projects on my car to do beforehand.. But this is the only bonnet i have my eye on.. i made up my mind the first time I saw it :o
kitch

carbon bonnets

Post by kitch »

fellas try these web sights for carbon bonnets for the fto. some nice ones.
evo style, normal, skyline style
www.invoauto.co.uk
www.nicenewcar.co.uk (for carbon boot lid)
www.uniqueautosports.com (of all things carbon and lovely for the fto and a few extra bits like engine mounts, cold air intakes etc. etc)
enjoy!
hope this has been of use
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

hmmmm kitch i wish u did a little reseach before post these website up. Don't get me wrong, but you understand once you do.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

lol not everyones heard of those websites you know

ya cant possibly expect every new person to search the forum before posting a message ..just so they dont post something that may be old

kitch the unique autosports site is a popular one around here. they sell good stuff. :)