Rear Bar Group Buy

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Rear Bar Group Buy

Post by renzkuken1 »

how much and when can i get :D
renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

oh and i have the series 1 lights? so how will that work for me? I like the 2 lights more than the single barred lights i currently have.
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

renzkuken1 wrote:how much and when can i get :D
$500 Before postage and from dwaynes body shop- Same place you got your rear bar from except these were made by the body shop and came out without any imperfections ;)
renzkuken1 wrote:oh and i have the series 1 lights? so how will that work for me? I like the 2 lights more than the single barred lights i currently have.
You will need to find a set of facelift indicators or maybe see if you can get some clear ones that dwayne got from the UK. As for foglights you can get the on eBay but you don't really need them.
Taz wrote:When funds allow
renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

ok i want all of the above.

dwayne sell me a bar and lights to go in it :P
i don't need the foglights.
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

No probs. Fibreglasser is back on the 17th Jan. Ill get them to pop another one out for you.

As for the indicators, I have a stock set coming from Japan that I won on Yahoo. You may prefer the clear ones though with the orange bulbs. They fit the hole perfectly, but require a bit of work from the back as they are off a MG F. If you want those, the link is here:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22140

If you want genuine, they will cost about the same.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    renzkuken1
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

ok thanks that will be perfect as im back in syd on the 15th feb.
    What work is required at the back? can i do myself or would i need to get someone else to do it for the indicators. And what would you choose for my car, clear or genuine?
    Kustom
    Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

renzkuken1 wrote:ok thanks that will be perfect as im back in syd on the 15th feb.
    What work is required at the back? can i do myself or would i need to get someone else to do it for the indicators. And what would you choose for my car, clear or genuine?
    Clear! :/
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Clear. I took a couple of pics of the back from memory. You should be able to do it yourself, its not that hard. I cut up a bic pen and filed it down to the right length/angle and wired into the existing plug. If you look at the thread above, there should be pictures.
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      renzkuken1
      Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

ok i want clear then :D
      So all i need is that bar delivered to my panelbeater who did my rear bar and he should put it straight on and paint? so all up i'm looking at like 1000 to get it from you sent and on my car painted red? :lol:
      Gholdwayne
      Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

What a rich guy :lol:
      97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
      ...and when im not, im looking at her!
      ... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
      like For The Win!, but more hardcore...
      dstocks
      National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

The front bar should not cost as much to prep. Is pretty much perfect out of the mould. Just a light sand and paint. You should be able to order the clear indicators off the rimmerbros link in that thread I posted.
        Kustom
        Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Moneys in dwayne.
        dstocks
        National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

OK, if you decide to tackle a bit of the work the get this one prepped yourself, here are a few pointers. Note that you dont need to do these things for the bar to look good, but it helps:

1. The bars are coming without the holes drilled. For all but the main rheo that slides into the chassis rails, you can see exactly where the holes need to go on each of the tabs. For the main rheo, mark the middle of the metal rheo with a pencil. Mark the midpoint on the inside of the bar as well (halfway between the exhaust cutouts and halfway between the corners 1/3 of way down bar). Now, line up all the midponts and drill holes accordingly. This ensures the rheo ends up in the dead centre of the bar.

2. The rheo that normally sits inside the sides of the bar can be attached if desired. This provides a little extra support. You can do this as follows:

a. bolt the rheo on each side in place without the bar.
        b. Using a fibreglass reinforced bog (or equivalent), smear a bit on the places where it normally attaches to the bar.
        c. Fit bar while still wet.
        d. Remove bar and finish moulding the rheo into the bar.

3. Mask taillights where bar passes over the top and then fill the gap between the bar and the taillights so it fits perfectly (picture below). This cant be noticed from a distance, but can be noticed up close

Or you can pay someone else to get it right ;)

And here are some pictures.....

klyfe
          Apprentice

Post by klyfe »

dstocks wrote:I can get Ts Factory Facelift. They end up looking like this:

Will these always be easily available?

I just keep seeing so much on here that I want to get, but that I won't be able to get until a bit further down the track lol, so want to make sure the option will still be available.
          rock_it
          Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

klyfe wrote:
          dstocks wrote:I can get Ts Factory Facelift. They end up looking like this:

Will these always be easily available?

I just keep seeing so much on here that I want to get, but that I won't be able to get until a bit further down the track lol, so want to make sure the option will still be available.
          The mould sits down with the fibreglass guy.. So yes these will be available.. I am working with Dwayne at the moment to try and have an online shop set up to purchase.. Also looking in to Carbon fibre versions..
          I just had to add it ......
          sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
          I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
          Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
          :utbnb:
          dstocks
          National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Yep, can continue to get those so no need to rush. You will need to get indicators (aftermarket clear or factory orange ones) as well. Finally from a legal standpoint, you well need to upgrade your headlights (if this is a concern for you). The facelift FTO version has parkers in the headlights, not in the bar. Alternatively, you could fit parkers where the foglights would normally go. Otherwise, you can always put your old bar back on temporarily if you have any issues anyway.
            rock_it
            Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Or do the Audi setup and get LED strips and put them in the headlight..
            I just had to add it ......
            sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
            I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
            Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
            :utbnb:
            Tippin
            Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

rock_it wrote:Or do the Audi setup and get LED strips and put them in the headlight..
            only looks good on Audi's :P
            renzkuken1
            Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

ahh that's right, dwayne would you be able to link me the lights i will need to get for my ts front bar when i get it all setup.
            I forgot about that aha
            And it will work with my my lights from the one in the banner pic to the ones in your ts facelift pic right?
            dstocks
            National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Hey,

Yep, its fairly easy to wire the indicators in. With the aftermarket clear ones, there is a little bit of fiddling to get them mounted into the bar, but nothing really difficult. Info for indicators:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22270&p=257204&hili ... or#p257204