EOI: GP Version R Rear Spoiler Group Buy

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

MrFT000
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by MrFT000 »

ill post up some pics of my spoiler as it arrived, painted etc.

also, just remember, the wing comes primed and ready to be sprayed, but some paint places like to reprime themselves to ensure a good paint job (recommended in my opinion). So budget that cost as well.

It cost me around $150 to get it reprimed and painted and that was a plain mitsu scottia white.
My pic was too big.
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Hey is there any updates on this group buy, i would be interested in this group buy mate... PM me if you want mate...
Name: Boris
Rides: Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR, Volvo XC60 & 3 push bikes!
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

has anyone tried the wing off a MR2? Im not sure if this was a standard one, but a MR2 that parks near my work has a wing on it that looks remarkably like the version R wing..
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

The standard MR2 wings doesn't look anywhere like the GPvR, so i guess that guy had a modify one.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

yeh had not seen this wing before (but I dont know much about MR2's so wasnt sure) . But this MR2 definately has a similar wing on it. Might be from an FTO?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I found the MR2 spoiler you talking about Dave :D Its made by ARC, its the Type V version.

DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
deedeedee
Apprentice

Post by deedeedee »

That is definitely not a good price, I will see what I can do to get this spoiler for cheaper.
deedeedee
Apprentice

Post by deedeedee »

I just confirmed that I have a connection for this spoiler for $210USD shipped. Please post if you are interested. Thanks.
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Is the spoiler one piece? or is it composed of a couple?
Name: Boris
Rides: Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR, Volvo XC60 & 3 push bikes!
MrFT000
Mechanic

Post by MrFT000 »

what company?
Have you seen any of there finished products?

I took a gamble on Kingsmart and it payed off, but it was a lot of f*Cking about...

It would be good, if someone who actually has a version R wing, could make a mould of all the individual pieces. wouldnt be that hard.
My pic was too big.
deedeedee
Apprentice

Post by deedeedee »

MrFT000 wrote:what company?
Have you seen any of there finished products?

I took a gamble on Kingsmart and it payed off, but it was a lot of f*Cking about...

It would be good, if someone who actually has a version R wing, could make a mould of all the individual pieces. wouldnt be that hard.
yes, i have seen their finished products, they are very nice, it's my friend's company who is doing this.

Here is the MR2 Rev5 replica that he did, it's multi-pieces:

I didn't know it was composed of multi pieces, but I guess that might be slightly more expensive but not too much more.

I talked to my friend yesterday, and he knows someone who actually has a real version r spoiler, and he's going to try to convince him to let him use it to replicate.

At this point, i would like to know if there would be at least 10 buyers if the spoiler is $240-250USD shipped. if so, he will be more than happy to make it.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

is that centre bit cf in the pic? :P
deedeedee
Apprentice

Post by deedeedee »

shue wrote:is that centre bit cf in the pic? :P
nope, but it can be.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

mod y dont u just start a new tread. what else u gettin from hk? kinda like a eoi
MrFT000
Mechanic

Post by MrFT000 »

are you sure its wise buying an MR2 wing for the FTO?
does anyone actually know if it fits?

Also, your gonna be left with the 2 center holes as well :?
My pic was too big.
deedeedee
Apprentice

Post by deedeedee »

MrFT000 wrote:are you sure its wise buying an MR2 wing for the FTO?
does anyone actually know if it fits?

Also, your gonna be left with the 2 center holes as well :?
I was just showing an example of a product that my friend's company makes, i wasn't suggest to put a MR2 wing on a FTO (i don't think it's a very good idea).
deedeedee
Apprentice

Post by deedeedee »

shue wrote:mod y dont u just start a new tread. what else u gettin from hk? kinda like a eoi
My best friend has been in the bodykit business for some years now, so he can get parts from just about every manufacturer here in HK.

I know right now for sure that he has this kit, because I saw it in the showroom:

Billy

Post by Billy »

Hey guys, Im a newbie to this site but im definitely keen
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

so we still haven't got any solution after 3 page of talking haha :D

i want one too depends on the cost at the end, my gt-wing is really a pain in the ass
kay_8
Apprentice

Post by kay_8 »

Is it to later for the version R rear wing??? If not please count me in.. Thanks :)