EOI: GP Version R Rear Spoiler Group Buy

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

DarkRain
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

EOI: GP Version R Rear Spoiler Group Buy

Post by DarkRain »

Hi everyone

Anyone interested in a group buy for GP Version R wing from UPAuto? I've contacted UPAuto thru email in UK and this is the rough deal - I'll just copy and paste the email from Lisa of UPAuto:

"I have contact with Parcel Force worldwide, for sending by air it will cost 75 GBP ( 6 - 10 days to arrive ) and for sending by sea it will cost 65GBP ( 42 - 61 days to arrive ) - price does not include insurance yet.

For the group buy shipping cost, we need to contact with shipping company to get a quote from them.

If you can organise a group buy for buying 5 spoilers in same time, we will be able to give you 20% off discount."

The current price of the spoiler on their website is 140GBP. This is the link: http://www.upauto.co.uk/FTObs.htm

If we managed to get 5, there will be 20% discount. We should be able to save more on shipping too. After foreign rate conversion will be less than $500 including shipping as above. Please note that this is a copy and not the geninue spoiler. I've read somewhere in this forum that the original one will costs $1100 here in Australia? I have not checked that but I believe this is accurate knowing very well how much the genuine FTO parts cost here.

For those who do not already know, this spoiler is the spoiler from the GP version R model of the FTO and will bolt straight onto the existing holes at the boot, if there is already a rear factory spoiler there.

If you are interested, reply to this thread or pm me so I can gather the numbers and we can save some money together. If there are other better deals, please let me know too. Thanks.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I'm interested, but i'm just wondering how did you get under $500 from??

140 GBP for the spoiler + 75 GBP for freight by air

With the exchange rate of 2.6132 as of 8:49 ET, it should work out to be around $559 Aus.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
fto617
Veteran Mechanic

Post by fto617 »

i'm in !
DarkRain
Apprentice

Post by DarkRain »

I've calculated it after discount. 140GBP x 0.8 = 112GBP+75GBP = 187GBP x2.6=A$486.20

I hope that answers your question
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Ohhhh after discount heehehhe i miss that sorry mate :D

Either way i'm in
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

So do you have to also paint it?
Guni_GuGu
Grease Monkey

Post by Guni_GuGu »

Just thought I'd say, i'm also leaning towared interest.. not really sold yet, but I am interested....
twistea
Grease Monkey

Post by twistea »

Does the GpvR wing mount to the same holes as the stock wing?

otherwise it would be a real pain if new holes need to be drilled for it to fit.
Boris
Oldtimer

Re: EOI: GP Version R Rear Spoiler Group Buy

Post by Boris »

twistea wrote:Does the GpvR wing mount to the same holes as the stock wing?

otherwise it would be a real pain if new holes need to be drilled for it to fit.
DarkRain wrote: For those who do not already know, this spoiler is the spoiler from the GP version R model of the FTO and will bolt straight onto the existing holes at the boot, if there is already a rear factory spoiler there.
:)
DarkRain
Apprentice

Post by DarkRain »

Well, I think it is very likely (95%) that it comes unpainted. Just to be sure, I'll email Lisa of UPAuto once I gather the numbers and all questions.
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

I think that kingsmart might be cheaper, i was quoted 1250 HKD about a year ago

http://www.kingsmart.com.hk/products/pr ... rd&x=5&y=8
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hey danny,

Is that including freight?
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

no that was just the spoiler cost, not sure on the frieght.

but 1250 HKD = 90 GBP

I emailed them again asking for a frieght cost and the price, as this was a year ago so the price could have changed.

maybe someone who can speak cantonese could ring them and have a chat and see if they can get a discount for a group buy
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well i'm going back in 2mths, & i do speak cantonese, maybe we can see how many people are interested to get this spoiler, & then I will negotiate with them while i'm there.
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

sounds good to me.

You can also check the quality of the spoiler

Ill get one
Black_FTOGPX
Mechanic

Post by Black_FTOGPX »

Does any body have the part # for the GP version R spoiler?
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

I'm very interested.
MIVEC is My Friend :D
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

Yep im interested, keep me posted ! :D
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Looks like everyone wants one of these... maybe I can finally be the odd one out with my stockie... :wink:
DarkRain
Apprentice

Post by DarkRain »

Let me summarise who are interested in the spoiler:

FTO3388
fto617
Guni_Gugu
dannyboyau
ruchi
barfy
and me

So altogether 7 at the moment. Do you guys still wan me ask for shipping from UPAuto or wait till FTO3388 negotiate with Kingsmart in HK? However, from the interested parties, the only problem I foresee may be the shipping as we live in different states.

Basically I'm willing to buy from anywhere, if the product is alright at the lowest price. :)