Xelux 6000, 8000 & 12000K HID headlight kits

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

D-TRAIN
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by D-TRAIN »

I'm not sure if the following link has been posted before but I found it to be an informative read.

For those interested in how HID/Xenon works, and what to or not to go for, it's a must-read!

http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html

And yes, I have an 97 Aero GPX which has factory HIDs. To compare it to factory halogens, you really need the FTOs side by side. It's definately not "bluey" like you see in tangcla's kits. I can only tell you my HIDs are brighter/clearer than a Camry's and a Lancer's headlights, but then again I'm not comparing apples with apples :roll:
From FTO to EVO......
tangcla
Apprentice

Post by tangcla »

D-TRAIN wrote:And yes, I have an 97 Aero GPX which has factory HIDs. To compare it to factory halogens, you really need the FTOs side by side. It's definately not "bluey" like you see in tangcla's kits. I can only tell you my HIDs are brighter/clearer than a Camry's and a Lancer's headlights, but then again I'm not comparing apples with apples :roll:
Definitely not apples vs apples! Halogens and HID Xenons are completely different... HID headlights defecate over the halogens! 8)
tangcla
Apprentice

Post by tangcla »

anyone else? I'm ready to order again!
<P>Phone modifications and repairs: <A href="http://www.tangcla.com/" target=_blank>www.tangcla.com</A><A href="http://www.tangcla.com/"></A></P>
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

You don't even really compare it like that either...
Just by looking at the colours it produces you can tell what kind of HID they are...

The stronger it is, the bluer the lights are...
The less the strength, and the whiter the lights are...

:D
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

By strength do you mean brightness, if so this is not correct, if not then what did you mean?
MIVEC is My Friend :D
tangcla
Apprentice

Post by tangcla »

ruchi wrote:By strength do you mean brightness, if so this is not correct, if not then what did you mean?
Not sure- but HIDs both brighter and more intense than halogens!

Some of the benefits of HID over halogen are...

* Up to three times less wattage is used (HID = 35w, halogen = 55-100w)
* Up to four times more bright light produced (HID = 2400-3200lu, halogen = 800-1700lu)
* Up to ten times more intense light produced (HID = 202,500cd, halogen = 21,000cd)
* Up to six times longer lifespan (HID = 2500hr, halogen = 400hr)
* HID light contains less infrared and ultraviolet light, which fatigues the driver and surrounding motorists
* HID light illuminates the road with better contrast and more lifelike tones of color
* Halogen filaments naturally produce a color of 2300K to 4000K (2300K is yellowish, 4000K is whitish) Anything bluer requires the use of light-dimming color filters
* HID produces a natural color of 4100K to 6000K (4100K is daylight white, and 6000K is slightly bluish white) Anything bluer requires the use of light-dimming color filters
* HID lighting produces a wider and deeper beam pattern with razor sharp cut off lines
* HID has low lumen maintenance, meaning bulbs do not dim down as much towards the end of their lives
* HID has high flux properties, meaning light is very evenly distributed when installed properly
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Thanks Tangcla but I already know about HID's, I was just wanting FTO12345 to clarify his statement in case I had misunderstood what he was saying.
MIVEC is My Friend :D
tangcla
Apprentice

Post by tangcla »

ruchi wrote:Thanks Tangcla but I already know about HID's, I was just wanting FTO12345 to clarify his statement in case I had misunderstood what he was saying.
Just re-read your post, and the post above it (fto12345's post) - I see now :P question wasn't targeted at me!
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

fto12345 wrote:The stronger it is, the bluer the lights are...

:D
I suggest you have a look at the URL I posted earlier - under "Misconceptions".

Trust me, if you want to know more about HIDs or learn about them, that web page is a worthwhile and informative read!
From FTO to EVO......
tangcla
Apprentice

Post by tangcla »

D-TRAIN wrote:I suggest you have a look at the URL I posted earlier - under "Misconceptions".

Trust me, if you want to know more about HIDs or learn about them, that web page is a worthwhile and informative read!
I quoted the relevant information in my above post ;)
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

fto12345 wrote:You don't even really compare it like that either...
Just by looking at the colours it produces you can tell what kind of HID they are...

The stronger it is, the bluer the lights are...
i presume the 'strength' you are referring to would be the color temperature, not brightness.

the higher the K rating, the cooler (ie: blue-ish) the colour will be, like the 7500K HID kit i have for mine.

warm colors (anything below 4000K) will start to be greenish where as 6000K will be neutral white, i think... there's a chart somewhere but i can't remember where to dig it up :P
tangcla
Apprentice

Post by tangcla »

GPXXX wrote:the higher the K rating, the cooler (ie: blue-ish) the colour will be, like the 7500K HID kit i have for mine.
Mike, just wondering whether you got your kit yet? :P
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

getting it fitted end of this week... ;)
tangcla
Apprentice

Post by tangcla »

OK, here's your big chance to get in on HID kits!

Price dropped to $590 for all but H4 high/low;
$700 for H4 high/low.
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

ok now im lost..../

whats the pricing again....
...groOl...

08 Evolution X - White
97 Gpx Fto - Racing Red
tangcla
Apprentice

Post by tangcla »

ANBU_fto wrote:ok now im lost..../

whats the pricing again....
lol

For an FTO, it would cost you $590 for a pair.

The $700 is for cars with H4 high/lowbeam headlights.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

well I finally got mine fitted and apart from the turbo, i have never had such a big smile on my face, esp when driving at night... it looks fully wicked and certainly improves the vision by miles.

check my review hereif you're interested.
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

huh? ey? wha?

im still lost... im so sorry... kkeke

ok... for an FTO it costs $590, these lights are the ones u turn on at night just driving along happly, and the $7oo ones, what are they for?
...groOl...

08 Evolution X - White
97 Gpx Fto - Racing Red
tangcla
Apprentice

Post by tangcla »

ANBU_fto wrote:huh? ey? wha?

im still lost... im so sorry... kkeke

ok... for an FTO it costs $590, these lights are the ones u turn on at night just driving along happly, and the $7oo ones, what are they for?
$700 ones are different globe types- they're for other cars who have a single globe for high and lowbeam. That's why it's more expensive. :P
tangcla
Apprentice

Post by tangcla »

Welll, here's for quality: the kit's components is made by Hella in Germany, not cheapy made in China crap! :)