Xelux 6000, 8000 & 12000K HID headlight kits

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

tangcla
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Xelux 6000, 8000 & 12000K HID headlight kits

Post by tangcla »

I have a source who can get me some HID headlight kits from Korea, direct from the manufacturer. They are branded Xelux.
The kit components are German made (Hella ballast and Philips/Raybrig globes depending on the batc), but assembled in Korea. Not made in China!!
The ballast has a ONE YEAR WARRANTY. The supplier assures me that he doubts you wouldever need to claim because he has supplied many kits to Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia already, and nothing has come back for warranty.

BULBS:
6000K and 8000K are available. 12000K is additional $$$.
TYPES:
All types - H1, H3, HB3, H4, HB4, H7, D2R, D2S etc...
PRICE:
All sizes EXCEPT H4: $520 including tax and shipping (6000K or 8000K globes)
H4 high/lowbeam: $550 including tax and shipping (6000K or 8000K), General Electric (GE) brand

And some other pics here.
Last edited by tangcla on Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:15 am, edited 9 times in total.
Adriano
Grease Monkey

Post by Adriano »

FTOs have HB3 and HB4 (correct me if im wrong)

so what do we get for $648?? is that with relay and motor??
can u explain what the relay and the motor are for?
price for 8000k HB4??

cheers
tangcla
Apprentice

Post by tangcla »

Adriano wrote:FTOs have HB3 and HB4 (correct me if im wrong)

so what do we get for $648?? is that with relay and motor??
can u explain what the relay and the motor are for?
price for 8000k HB4??

cheers
FTO has HB4 headlights for low beam - I know, because Mikey (GPXXX) has just ordered a set from me 8)

For $648, you get the ballast, igniter and globes. You don't need a relay/motor because they are for H4s, which have integrated high/lowbeam.

8000K HB4 is $698 ($648 + $50).
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

Well I don't think you needed to mention about the H4s if you knew that the FTOs don't take them.

Also, these are illegal without the headlight spray unit.

It's the law!

But if any one wants them they are still very good....but I would like to keep my car as legal as possible, especially with the new police task force out there aiming to catch cars that are modified.

Good luck.
:wink:
tangcla
Apprentice

Post by tangcla »

fto12345 wrote:Well I don't think you needed to mention about the H4s if you knew that the FTOs don't take them.

Also, these are illegal without the headlight spray unit.
Hey, remember that not everyone on here has an FTO, and maybe other people might be interested in non-FTO cars! ;)

Also, about the washers - I checked with an engineer in VIC, apparently they aren't needed in Australia (at least not Victoria) for roadworthiness. They are only needed in countries that have very extreme weather conditions (Europe, USA etc) that have ice and whatnot.

:)
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

Sorry, I meant for NSW drivers.
In NSW you need them otherwise it's illegal.

The sprays are for your headlights then your headlight gets dirty with dust and ice and what have you and the beam reflects on them and shines on the on coming cars....
That's the reason why you need them, to wash them off....and the sprays aren't just a normal spray, it has to be high pressure washer too...

But it's only in NSW....Cause the law against cars suck in NSW!!!!
tangcla
Apprentice

Post by tangcla »

fto12345 wrote:But it's only in NSW....Cause the law against cars suck in NSW!!!!
least you guys don't have stupid fixed speed cameras without signs... :roll: :evil:
tangcla
Apprentice

Post by tangcla »

fto12345 wrote:The sprays are for your headlights then your headlight gets dirty with dust and ice and what have you and the beam reflects on them and shines on the on coming cars....
That's the reason why you need them, to wash them off....and the sprays aren't just a normal spray, it has to be high pressure washer too...
Also, if you really want the kit, you can create a DIY headlight washer kit on its own for under $50 I've been told. You can buy the OEM kits (or buy the washer parts for the Honda S2000, Audi, BMW etc), mount it in your bumper, connect the motor to your washer controller and the water from your main reservoir.

And voila! 8)
Adriano
Grease Monkey

Post by Adriano »

hmmm, just curious as to whether cars that came with HID lights (as a factory option) came with these washers too?
tangcla
Apprentice

Post by tangcla »

Adriano wrote:hmmm, just curious as to whether cars that came with HID lights (as a factory option) came with these washers too?
Most of the cars that came with factory HIDs are Euro cars, or are destined for the European/American market. Hence the reason why they have them.
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

hahaha....

You're right about the speed cameras....

Yes if it's a HID factory, you'll still have to have the washers....and yes I meant it comes with it!

Are you telling me that the OEM washers for those cars cost under $50?
Are you sure???
tangcla
Apprentice

Post by tangcla »

fto12345 wrote:Are you telling me that the OEM washers for those cars cost under $50?
Are you sure???
I've been told that a lot of people have been doing this Sydney. Check Repco, Bursons and wreckers.
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

I sure will...
Thanks for that....although I don't even know if I can find one!
tangcla
Apprentice

Post by tangcla »

fto12345 wrote:Are you telling me that the OEM washers for those cars cost under $50?
Are you sure???
fto12345 wrote:I sure will...
Thanks for that....although I don't even know if I can find one!
If you're interested in the HID kit, and need the washer, I'll source the washer for you for an additional $50 :)
efteoh
Grease Monkey

Post by efteoh »

how long delivery take? will the FTO have enough room behind the head light?

im keen about this, cos im REALLY annoyed at the dimness of the standard lights.
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

[quote="fto12345"]Yes if it's a HID factory, you'll still have to have the washers....and yes I meant it comes with it!quote]

I don't know how true that is because I have got the factory HID head lights, and I certainly don't have a headlight water spray unit.
From FTO to EVO......
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

What car is it?
Certainly all the ones I have seen does come with washers...
Because it's required by the law!
Even if it's a factory option, you still have to have the washers with it otherwise, it could be more harmful to the drivers...
If it's an FTO, then it might not have it as I don't think they are much brighter then other ones they sell in Australia....not an import...
But most of the cars I have seen does have them and as far as I know they have to have them....
BMW, AUDI, S2000 etc....
Adriano
Grease Monkey

Post by Adriano »

d-train drives a 97 FTO gpx...
tangcla
Apprentice

Post by tangcla »

well, there we go :)

So anyone else wanna buy some HID kits? Be one of the select few with an HID FTO...
efteoh
Grease Monkey

Post by efteoh »

im up for it

check your PM