Group Buy Leather (look alike) Seats (Finished)

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mxysxy
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by mxysxy »

fto12345,
mxysxy wrote:
Adriano wrote:to those who has black with black stitiching, can you please check whether both your front seats are identical? (2 left sides or 2 right sides)...
if they are please let me know..
cheers
:roll:
I didnt think there is different sides when I was trying to put it on.
But I remember now that passinger side was a perfect fit, however, I had some difficulty to fit the driver side.

I made it fit perfectly at the end but along the way I thought something is wrong where the bottom side ends of the covers are. However, I put it on anyways, looks very good now both sides.

Moral is I may have 2 left sides delivered to me, however, I wasnt clever enough to discover this, I guess I was blinded by the beauty of the seat covers.

I dont think swapping from this moment will work, because I already drilled the holes for seat belt guides. Also, I dont want to change it anyway.

Good luck to the person whoever has got 2 right sides. :P
thanks mate, I am happy whit what I got, looks perfect in my car.
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

Hi,

That's good to hear.
I was disappointed at first but now that I have put them on it actually looks pretty good.
So pretty happy with it.

The only major reason why I didn't want to swap once it's on is because as you would know already that you have to put some hole on there to get it to fit and if we swap with the right ones then the holes will be on the wrong side.

Hope you know what I mean.

So it's good to hear that you are happy with what you've got as well.
:)

Thanks,
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

damn too late! ok would there be another group buy??? Im in and someone else before me is interested in second buy if possible??

thanks
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

i am looking for another set too :P
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

well ive started another post in general discussion querying another group buy. How many people are required to get the thing going again? Put #'s in general discussion thread.
FNTSY
Grease Monkey

Post by FNTSY »

hey guys after a few of you have upgrade to the new trim just wondering if anyone has the trim off there old gpx seats thats in really good condition and wants to sell that. as my seats could do with a new trim.... thanks
FNTSY MOTORSPORTS NEWCASTLE
###for all your boosting needs###
ellusion
Grease Monkey

Post by ellusion »

How do you secure the front seat trims? the part where the zips starts and ends.
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Boris wrote:Ok, Here are pictures of my process of putting the front ones on...
The back one are relativly easy, you just have to take out HEAPS of rings and use LOT'S of cable ties... :evil:

:arrow: http://www.boryadesign.net/fto/my/seats/frontseats.zip (~5mb)

Hope that helps you guys. :wink:
For anyone that6 is still having trouble. :mrgreen:
ellusion
Grease Monkey

Post by ellusion »

Thanks heaps!!
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

For those wanting more pictures, here is what mine look like, colour is black with dark grey.

Boris
MrFT000
Mechanic

Post by MrFT000 »

and the winner of one of the nicest interiors ive seen in a FTO goes to......

BORIS.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Dam is that sexy or what, now Boris all you need next time is a Hot chick sitting in it, & take lots of pics :wink:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

That is very WOW.

Thanks Borris - really wanted to see what yours looked like installed. You must be a happy, happy guy.

Any way of painting seatbelt-buttons? Or do they legally have to be orange/red?
onnzo
Grease Monkey

Post by onnzo »

Wow - that is a really good fit!

My front seat bottoms are a bit too big and hence baggy. I might take it apart one day again and tighten it up

Mike
ellusion
Grease Monkey

Post by ellusion »

I was happy with my install until i saw Boris' ! Damn now i realise mine has far too many creases!!

You cant make it too tight right?
Digital_Import
Apprentice

Post by Digital_Import »

Ive missed out on this havent i? :( is there anywhere i can get this done in aus??
Thanx for any advice :)
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

Check out 'General' section Digital. Might be having another group buy at this rate!
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

Grue wrote:Check out 'General' section Digital. Might be having another group buy at this rate!
going by everybodies resposes another group buy at the same prices would have a lot of support... ^_^
NorthQLDFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by NorthQLDFTO »

Okay...Just thought I'd mention this to the group...I live in Townsville North Queensland & a good mate of mine recently started working for a local Auto Trimming company here...I was chatting to him recently & this topic came up...He's had a look at my stock seats & also checked out the pics on this forum & reckons they could do the same job no worries (plus he likes the idea of bringing his boss the extra business :lol: ) He's checking into it for me & should have details in the next few days (ie: materials & colours...time...cost etc) I'll keep everyone posted...
If I Had A Dollar For Every Time Someone Said "If I Had A Dollar For Every Time Someone Said <...>" Well... Then... I'd... Have A Dollar For Every Time Somone Said "If I Had A Dollar For Every Time Someone Said <...>"!!!
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

car looks great boris - well done. Did anyone do black with white leatherette? WOuld be interested to see what that looks like, especially since my car is white.