Group Buy Leather (look alike) Seats (Finished)

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mxysxy
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by mxysxy »

onnzo,
I thought about using a masking tape I already had, however, didnt use it, due to the reason that had to pack up quickly and drive off.
But taping is a good idea.

Also, I havent had any fogging issues yet, however, I have this beautiful leather kinda smell in my car, almost smells like a new car. Excellent
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hey Max, since your work place is so close to me, you got to drop by my shop again, so i can check it out :D
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

we do it next week,
will show you my new CAI box too. It even has a temperature reader inside of it, I made it out of a roast chicken thermometer. :P :P :P
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Thax Max, does your car now come with free charcol chicken that freshly roasted by your exhaust hahaahaha :twisted:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Guni_GuGu
Grease Monkey

Post by Guni_GuGu »

Heya, just wanted to say thanks again Gav...

Sorry for not being able to keep up, in this thread, I've really been flat out, but thanks again..

I've got a few days off coming up, but also a friends wedding and stuff to screw me over :) Hopefully, i can put some of the seats in soon... we can hope...

Just a few comments, if I may: Thanks for, the extra material, although, I had really hoped for white, black is ok.. but white would've been real nice.

Black on the sides, with white in the middle, was great, and the purple stitching! Oh THANK YOU! It was beautiful.

My biggest gripe, was when they came in, I played with the zip, and in about 3 seconds, the zip just flew off...it didn't have those blocker things at the end.... any idea, on how to fix it?

Thanks again.. hopefully i'll have some pics soon.
onnzo
Grease Monkey

Post by onnzo »

I did the same thing with the zip :) it's easy to put back on.

Once I put the covers on - I just sewed some thread on the ends of teh zips to act as blockers
ellusion
Grease Monkey

Post by ellusion »

By mistake, i have a black set with black stitching. Does anyone else have another colour they wanna swap with?

I would love one with red stitching but tell me what you have.
Adriano
Grease Monkey

Post by Adriano »

ellusion, fto12345 confirmed to me he's got black with black stitching..
im assuming someone else mustve gotten yours....

to those who has black with black stitiching, can you please check whether both your front seats are identical? (2 left sides or 2 right sides)...
if they are please let me know..
cheers
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

Adriano wrote:to those who has black with black stitiching, can you please check whether both your front seats are identical? (2 left sides or 2 right sides)...
if they are please let me know..
cheers
:roll:
I didnt think there is different sides when I was trying to put it on.
But I remember now that passinger side was a perfect fit, however, I had some difficulty to fit the driver side.

I made it fit perfectly at the end but along the way I thought something is wrong where the bottom side ends of the covers are. However, I put it on anyways, looks very good now both sides.

Moral is I may have 2 left sides delivered to me, however, I wasnt clever enough to discover this, I guess I was blinded by the beauty of the seat covers.

I dont think swapping from this moment will work, because I already drilled the holes for seat belt guides. Also, I dont want to change it anyway.

Good luck to the person whoever has got 2 right sides. :P
onnzo
Grease Monkey

Post by onnzo »

Left and Right are slightly different (where the seatbelt guides sit and also the side bolsters) The outside bolsters are bigger on both seats.

Michael
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

I didnt have any problem with belt guides, they were a perfect fit for both seats.

But, you are correct with the bolsters, one side should be longer than the other.
ftoboi
Apprentice

Post by ftoboi »

Gav, just wondering if you've sent my seat covers, since everyone, including the other west aussie's have received their stuff. did you send it to the right address? please check. ta
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

sorry i have been flat out with work this week, the only itme i had to do the last deliverys i took time off to work, I have also been sorting out the problem with ellusions seats, cause i was going to post them at the same time. I have it at top priority, and will try make sure its ready on monday
Guni_GuGu
Grease Monkey

Post by Guni_GuGu »

onnzo wrote:I did the same thing with the zip :) it's easy to put back on.

Once I put the covers on - I just sewed some thread on the ends of teh zips to act as blockers
Um.. sure they are... I think I mite of broken mine.. how did you get the zip back on? Could I take it to someone to fix?
onnzo
Grease Monkey

Post by onnzo »

You have to line up the two sides then push the zipper up evenly. Try getting someone to help you hold the sides while you zip it up. I did it myself with a pair of pliers.
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

i thought you need to take the zippers off to get it on the seat, if you have any trouble cause the material is all comming loose around the zipper, just cut the end off and try again
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

*curses*
i finally got around to tryin to put my covers on a short time ago, and found out that my passenger side top half doesnt have the loops for the wire U shape to go through, the other 3 parts(bottom and driver top/bottom) have them, but not the passenger side top..

any suggestions, how hard would it be to sew one on? or would it look sh*t if i just didnt use the metal part?

SilentBob
Adriano
Grease Monkey

Post by Adriano »

SilentBob wrote:
any suggestions, how hard would it be to sew one on? or would it look sh*t if i just didnt use the metal part?

SilentBob
it shouldnt take too long to sew the loops on....
and yes, it would look crap without them...
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

well i improvised using some zip ties and it worked out well

both front seats are done, though drivers top half, on the middle side has a bit to much material and doesnt hug the seat, but still impressed with the result
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

hey mxysxy,

I think I am being told that I have your left side seat cover.
I don't know how this mix up could have come about but the only thing is I have already put mine on already and I don't think you would want it.
It already has holes in them to fudge them to put them on.

If you have already put yours on as well that's what you would have done as well so I don't think I want to go through the whole hasself of swapping them meaning we'll have to take it off again and put them on again.

So thanks guys for tracking down my correct seat cover but it could have been a help if I had known this before I ptu it on. But I guess it would have been bit hard then, so thank you but I think I'll just stick with what I have already put on.

Thanks anyway,
:)